Hoffman pyramid.

Brian-Llewellyn

Been looking for information about the Hoffman pyramid on line and can't find anything. Could someone who is familiar with this point me in the right direction. Any recommendations on books that covers this maybe with diagrams.

Thanks Brian

Wouldn't bother with that one Brian until it is explained , very simple once you have had it explained by someone like Dominic Griffiths but to try will just over complicate things.

Been looking for information about the Hoffman pyramid on line and can't find anything. Could someone who is familiar with this point me in the right direction. Any recommendations on books that covers this maybe with diagrams.

Thanks Brian

Brian

Try Dominic Griffiths book "Deer Management in the UK" (Deer Management in the UK: Amazon.co.uk: Dominic Griffith: 9781846891083: Books) I can't put my hands on my copy right now but I know he has examples.

Edit: pages 26-28, but basically all of chapter 2 (Cull Planning)

Also Andrew de Nahlik's excellent "Management of Deer and their Habitat" (Management of Deer and Their Habitat: Principles and Methods: Amazon.co.uk: A.J.De Nahlik: 9780907519010: Books) pages 115-119.

But +1 to Pierre's comment as well - it's not rocket science!

If you are used to using Microsoft Excel I have a simple spreadsheet for working out the cull plan, based on what I learned on the same course.

Last edited:
Agree with previous replies - much easier to have it explained. However if you PM me I'll try to scan and email the pages from the course manual from when I did it.

Back