Fox takes Cat...

+1 My keeper Grandad loved a dead cat. Used to just lightly cover it with soil and set five or six 4" traps around it. It works very well!!

Exactly better still if the cat was a little high, the method you describe was a popular way of trapping foxes a variation was to hang a cat from the branch of a tree just out of Charlie's reach and set a few Gins underneath it.

Any one know how I can get this fox to come into my garden & sort the cooking fats out!, incidentally one of our site members gave some really good advice on preventing cats shi...ing in your garden, ie: vegatable oil, and white pepper mixture sprayed via a bottle, excellent advice

Agree on the cat for bait. Been making sausages and put pieces of pig skin on bonfire ready to burn, soon went as attracted foxes! Guess pig skin is as easy to get as dead cats unless you keep pigs and make sausages! lol

Foxes will kill and eat cats, there is no doubt about that. Not all Foxes will do this, but to say that they will never tackle a domestic moggy is incorrect.

Any one know how I can get this fox to come into my garden & sort the cooking fats out!, incidentally one of our site members gave some really good advice on preventing cats shi...ing in your garden, ie: vegatable oil, and white pepper mixture sprayed via a bottle, excellent advice

mmm :eek: '' just shi...ing '' What about the mass killing of our garden song birds , :mad: Anyone know a more ..... permanent solution :-|

Last edited:
A hyped up HWHV is a good deterrent, the neighbours cats just don't come into the garden at all now.

Kitty has taken to wobbling along the top of the railings now, One messed up big style & landed Marvin's side, hell of a clang as Kitty just made it through, must have a bad case of hip dysplasia now!!

Back