Thread: New Tyres

New Tyres

Im needing a new set of tyres for a Disco 255/55/19

My usual tyres are General Tyres AT but am wondering if there are better out there.

Anyone using either Goodyear Duratrac or Cooper Leon LTZ ? Or should I be looking at any others?

Mainly used on road. Not infrequently bouncing round fields/forest tracks. Never used seriously off road (have MTs on Defender for that)

Cheers

Ed

Goodrich are releasing a new AT next month.Might be worth waiting to have a look at those if you can

General grabber AT2 for me again

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    General grabber AT2 for me again
    Im not sure that General make the Grabber AT2 anymore !

Thank Europe for that. As I understand it the AT2 is only available in certain sizes while stocks last. It's too bad because the Grabber AT's are simply not as good offroad as the AT2's were in my experience. The AT's are probably more economical on road but longevity has been nothing special.... slightly less than I got out of the AT2's in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Thank Europe for that. As I understand it the AT2 is only available in certain sizes while stocks last. It's too bad because the Grabber AT's are simply not as good offroad as the AT2's were in my experience. The AT's are probably more economical on road but longevity has been nothing special.... slightly less than I got out of the AT2's in fact!
    Agree with that ! Ive mostly been underwhelmed with the AT's hence wanting to try a different tyre.

I was told my tyre man couldn't get AT2s anymore .....I got some online no problem at all .
    norma

ive got cooper discoverys on mine. they are brilliant on and off road. will defiantly put some more on in about 10 yrs!!
    Big bloke... but outta shape