Thread: .303 lee loader charge table for 2.8 dipper

.303 lee loader charge table for 2.8 dipper

Hi Chaps,

Being the idiot of the week i have left the charge table for my lee loader .303 at my uni house and have now returned home for the summer.

Would some one be kind enough to scan their charge tablefor the 2.8 dipper and send it to me? I can find the older ones online but would really prefer the up to date version.

I will supply beer of your choosing at the H4H shoot at bisley if you are there.

Thanks in advance,

Scooby the idiot

Edit: I have since returned to my university house and found the data so anyone who needs it in future:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015 lee loader .303british.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	447.2 KB 
ID:	57674
    Last edited by whatwouldscoobydoo; 08-06-2015 at 08:53. Reason: info found

Quote Originally Posted by whatwouldscoobydoo View Post
    Hi Chaps,

Being the idiot of the week i have left the charge table for my lee loader .303 at my uni house and have now returned home for the summer.

Would some one be kind enough to scan their charge tablefor the 2.8 dipper and send it to me? I can find the older ones online but would really prefer the up to date version.

I will supply beer of your choosing at the H4H shoot at bisley if you are there.

Thanks in advance,

Scooby the idiot
    I think Lee has it on their site. ~Muir

http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/Dippers.pdf
    Last edited by Muir; 30-05-2015 at 16:33.

Unfortuantely that doesn't tell me which weight bullets with which powders, and being new to reloading i wouldn't really be able to make an educated guess.

but i didn't have that and i have now saved it for future reference thanks Muir.

What powder are you using Scooby?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Unfortuantely that doesn't tell me which weight bullets with which powders, and being new to reloading i wouldn't really be able to make an educated guess.

but i didn't have that and i have now saved it for future reference thanks Muir.
    I'll see if I can find mine and scan it...~Muir

Don't know yet was going to look at table to find a combo i could easily and repeatably buy i haven't used the set yet.

Thank you Muir Will you be at H4H or have any friends that will be?

t.

Thank you Muir Will you be at H4H or have any friends that will be?
    That would be along swim after a 2000 walk to the ocean! I'm in the US.
    You have a 2.8CC Dipper, correct? Do you have a calculator? Lee also produces this chart:

http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/VMD.pdf

The "VDM" is the size of one grain of powder in CC's. By roving around some manufactures data tables with the calculator and this chart, you sould be able to determine what powders will work in that dipper for a give bullet weight (and listed data) For example: you find a n-133 load with a 150 grain. Starting load is 38.4 grains. The VDM of N-133 is .077 cubic centmeters. So, .077 x 38.5=2.96cc. The 2.8CC scoop would be fine. A bit of trial and error but you can do it.~Muir

(The Lee manual does the work for you. If you could borrow one....)

OK Muir i'll set up a justgiving page and we'll fund raise to get you here next year #getmuirtobisley

Thanks for all the help so far having looked at tie information given and what can readily and repeatably buy from my rfd i think a 174gr bullet with BLC-2 should be a simple starting load for TARGET at 100-200yrds. Can some one check my thought process and point out any obvious errors.

According to hodgson the recomended charge for 174grn with blc2 is as below

Name:	blc2.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	57414

And according to the lee table my 2.8cc dipper will give me 43.4grs of powder .4 above the starting load.

Name:	blc2 volume.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	57415

These will be seated into ppu brass already fired from my rifle and used with partizan primers.

Where should i start about M.O.A.L? load an inert one and trial and error until it fits nicely?

Scooby
    Last edited by whatwouldscoobydoo; 01-06-2015 at 11:17.

I'll pack a bag and wait for the taxi!
    Just load to the listed OAL.~Muir

I produced this for a few powder bullet combos

you are welcome to feed in the VDM of your powder and use it (just save it to a new file)

Lee Loader Data N160/N165/N133 .270 .243 .222 - Google Sheets