Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sako Bavarian/Grizzly 9.3 x 62MM

Sako Bavarian/Grizzly 9.3 x 62MM

I am considering a new bundook , either a Sako Bavarian or a Grizzly chambered 9.3 x 62. I would appreciate the opinions of any owners/users on SD. Unfortunately there are no examples of either in any of our local gun stores and the store owners won't bring one in from the distributors just to view it.

regards
    Mike.

I used Sako Kodiak,love it Shops in Sydney stock most models of Sako if you are down there.
    In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
    I am considering a new bundook , either a Sako Bavarian or a Grizzly chambered 9.3 x 62. I would appreciate the opinions of any owners/users on SD. Unfortunately there are no examples of either in any of our local gun stores and the store owners won't bring one in from the distributors just to view it.

regards
    Mike.
    Very frustrating. I also live in Brisbane.
    I want to buy a pair of Zeiss HT or SF binoculars, but of course they are not stocked in Brisbane.
    However I have arranged with the importer to bring them to the upcoming shot show in Brisbane.
    Maybe you can do the same?

Remember your the customer and the one spending the money.
    If they won't bring one in make sure they know you will buy in Sydney or Melbourne.
    And make sure everyone else on the internet knows as well!
    Last edited by 9.3x64; 31-05-2015 at 04:27.

There is Tikka & Sako Owners Australia facebook page,which is run by Australian Sako agent
    In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    Mark Twain

If i was in the market for a new rifle i would buy the Grizzly. Its a great looking rifle that for me handles well. Plus they all seem to have a nice piece of wood on them.

Gentleman , thank you for your responses. I have had a look at a couple of 9.3's in recent days but all were middle of the road stuff, nice but not what I am looking for. I happened to mention to a good mate who told me that he has a contact that may be interested in selling a circa 1960's commercial FN Mauser in .375 H & H all original and in VGC .
    He also knows of a Husqvarna which has been regulated and the barrel stamped as such by Holland & Holland, chambered in 30/06. Not what I wanted but a small sacrifice to make if one can get his hands on a vintage Husqvarna in VGC, AND cheaper than a new bundook of the same or similar chambering.

regards
    Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
    Gentleman , thank you for your responses. I have had a look at a couple of 9.3's in recent days but all were middle of the road stuff, nice but not what I am looking for. I happened to mention to a good mate who told me that he has a contact that may be interested in selling a circa 1960's commercial FN Mauser in .375 H & H all original and in VGC .
    He also knows of a Husqvarna which has been regulated and the barrel stamped as such by Holland & Holland, chambered in 30/06. Not what I wanted but a small sacrifice to make if one can get his hands on a vintage Husqvarna in VGC, AND cheaper than a new bundook of the same or similar chambering.

regards
    Mike.
    The FN Commercial will do you very well! (Have an FN Commercial in 9.3x62, smoothest bolt action I own)

ATB,

Scrummy
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

Ooh, FN Commercial '98. Must stop dribbling into my keyboard!!!!

David.

My friend down in Hampshire has a brand new Sako Grizzly in 9.3x62 - I've not seen it yet but allegedly it shoots 3/4" groups with factory ammo & is a thing of beauty - very nice wood & very well put together. I expect to get it in my mits in a few weeks to have a fondle / play. Can't wait!!

Ian

Yorric , I will be interested to hear of your impressions of the Grizzly, btw , I have read some forum posts elsewhere that certain Models of the 85 Sako have had issues with the ejected cases bashing the underside of the scope body and dinging the case mouths, it seems that there are as many owners of 85's disputing this occurrence as there are those that do experience it.
    Perhaps it is just the odd one and once it does, the rumors abound, particularly on the interweb shooting forums.

Mike.