South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies Closing....!!!!!!!

Munroe

Just read the news on SYSS web site http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/

Roger and Shelia have decided to retire from the business.:eek: Stocked product lines will not be replaced as they run out.

The good news is Baldy (Dave Wylde) will be setting up as a RFD and will be continuing to produce his c/f's under the new brand Valkyrie Rifles working out of SYSS workshop. Anyone who knows Baldy (Dave) will know he produces a good rifle. Especially if shooting F Class comps.

What?! :eek:

I was only up there a couple of months back (Dave was doing some work on my LBR) and they never even hinted at this! It's not like they were short of work, people were literally queuing in the door!

Alex

That's a pity.....:(

Had plenty of dealings with them, and never had anything other than a good experience.

As Alex pointed out, they were never short of customers, and Roger seemed to have the phone welded to his ear on a permanent basis. I wonder if his hips have finaly got the better of him??:confused:

Good news about Dave carrying on though - decent bloke.

Roger and Shelia have both had health problems of late according to their web site, and they have been working 60-70hours per week. I guess they have just had enough.

Can't say I blame them.

Roger and Shelia have both had health problems of late according to their web site, and they have been working 60-70hours per week. I guess they have just had enough.

Can't say I blame them.

You got it in one! They are looking at retiring and enjoying a more relaxed pace of life.

I hope that Rodger sorts out my rifle that is in with him a the moment before he take a well earnd rest ? .
Hope he has a good retirement;)

Hi Guy,s this is my first post here, after a customer pointed this thread out to me this morning, so please forgive it.

Roger has made a bit of a hash of announcing his SEMI-retirement.:lol:

The guy will never retire completely....we will carry him out of the workshop one day.
The bottom line is we are just too busy. Nice situation to be in, but its killing all of us.
The fullbore side of things, under my eye, has become a monster that Roger cannot control anymore, basically the paperwork/ordering etc has become too much.

What is going to happen, is that i will take over the custom fullbore side of things, and the semi custom remmy,s etc, under my own name of Valkyrie rifles, and i will be appointment only. I will continue to do all the firms screwcutting, mod fitting, and general fullbore gunsmithing, including duracoating . I intend to expand our rifle range to include a lot more sporting rifles too, as i am known mainly for target/tactical weaponry.

Roger will scale back, and continue to build his rimfires, marlins etc, but with a little more spare time for hobbies and family. For the foreseeable future, the shop will remain open, but eventually Roger will become appointment only too. This is mainly because we cannot get enough workshop time.

Essentially, all the products, and services will remain the same, just laid out differently, to ease the load [ Hopefully ! ]

I hope this clears the matter up, and doesn,t sound like an advert...it wasn,t meant to.

Thank you for the kind comments, and i look forward to having a good squint at the rest of the site now.

best wishes, Dave Wylde.

Welcome to the forum Dave, it's good to see you here! It's great to know your good work isn't going to come to an end and I wish you all the best in your new business venture. With your reputation I'm sure things will work out just fine.

Best of luck Dave in these difficult times, I hope you prosper and still find the time to shoot.

ATB

Peter

update 14/June 2020 10 years on ? WEBSITE :
Although we recently CANCELLED OUR RETIREMENT PLANS for the foreseeable future our future is now dependent very much on the outcome of the enforced lockdown. Many of you will know that Roger’s health has been a source of some concern for a few years now and of course his planned heart surgery and radioactive iodine treatment for his thyroid problem are now on hold and his health is once again deteriorating. To add to the situation we now know that he is now in fairly urgent need of at least one knee replacement. Unfortunately he can’t even be referred to the orthopaedic surgeons whilst the Covid-19 lockdown is in place. Roger is barely able to stand or walk about for more than a couple of hours each day which is severely impacting his ability to get much done in the workshop. On the positive front he is taking this opportunity to put many more items for sale on our website including our latest Boyds stocks delivery.

Been in today for a few bits and had a chat with sheila. True roger ain't what he used too be but he is still keen and keeps going.i would like too thank them both for there help over the years and good luck too them both

yeah they are wonderful people. the knowledge, the nice chats and relaxed professional manner they run the shop.

Back