Thread: Sako 75 Stock bolts

Sako 75 Stock bolts

Can any member tell me the spec for the two bolts that hold the Sako 75 stock to the action ? Are they the same as on the Sako 85 ?
    I prefer the hex-key ones to the standard 75 slotted head.
    Are they obtainable or is it a case of pull one's pants down and take a spanking from GMK ?
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

McKenzie on here's got them in his I think, PM him

UK Gunworks - Custom Rifle Builders

& worth every penny.

He also supplies a light trigger spring for the Sako 75, if it's of interest.
    Last edited by McKenzie; 01-06-2015 at 08:09.

Thanks PKL and McKenzie.
    Good to hear that you are satisfied with them and consider them good value McKenzie.
    32 is very expensive for two bolts though, perhaps they are bespoke and made in-house ?

Now that I know they are called 'Action Screws' and not 'Stock bolts', I saw that our member long-range-rob started an identical thread in October 2014 with similar results.
    I looked on the internet and found a firm in Florida USA selling them for $23 but the shipping to UK is $29. I emailed them to check if that applied to such a small package and received an immediate reply that it does. US Mail must be very expensive at that rate.

Hello Uncle Norm, yes, they are expensive but when you handle them & fit & adjust them you'll go 'wow'. Two different gunsmiths have been given the rifle to adjust something or other & both have commented without prompting on how good they are. You will just about lose the allen key in them when you go to adjust the torque as the recess is so deep & it gives real confidence when tightening them. My slotted bolts were starting to show signs of wear.

I've had a couple of very bad (expensive) experiences ordering small items from abroad with high postage costs then being stung with customs charges, meaning that instead of saving 30% on a price it's ended up costing me 200% of the UK price, which really hurt. I now won't order anything from USA or NZ but I have had very good experiences with German companies.
    Last edited by McKenzie; 02-06-2015 at 05:22.

I have tried ordering these from UK Gunworks a couple of times and they never seem to have any stock (no pun intended)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I tried ordering from UK Gunworks again last night and no suprise that they are out of stock and no available ETA.

Why show them as available on you online store if you don't have them and have to refund the order EVERY time.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.