Thread: Ian the shieldmaker

Ian the shieldmaker

Hi, firstly I am not a deer stalker, my interest in all things deer related is in the trophy mounting department, specifically Shields. I came upon this site in a roundabout way as someone had apparently mentioned my name in one of the questions regarding high quality Shields, which is fine I have after all been making Shields for some of the best taxidermists in the UK for 40 years now, so curiosity was one reason for checking out this site,that and maybe later on becoming a trade member, although after 40 years maybe I should be thinking of slowing down a bit, but you guys will keep shooting deer which means I just have to keep on working! Happy hunting.

Welcome.

Rory

Greetings Ian.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shieldmaker View Post
    Hi, firstly I am not a deer stalker, my interest in all things deer related is in the trophy mounting department, specifically Shields. I came upon this site in a roundabout way as someone had apparently mentioned my name in one of the questions regarding high quality Shields, which is fine I have after all been making Shields for some of the best taxidermists in the UK for 40 years now, so curiosity was one reason for checking out this site,that and maybe later on becoming a trade member, although after 40 years maybe I should be thinking of slowing down a bit, but you guys will keep shooting deer which means I just have to keep on working! Happy hunting.
    Hello Ian,

I have bought shields off you in the past, and it may have been me that mentioned you on here. I assume you are Mr Kirby?

Look forward to your becoming a trade member. At 10 per month its very good value and there is always someone asking for a shield or stand to be made on here.

ATB
    Malcolm
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Hi Malcolm, correct first time, Ian kirby it is. It was stalker called Andrew who rang today about some buffalo Shields, so thanks for that . Not sure yet about becoming a trade member, not exactly looking for work as you probably are aware I supply Bushwear and they can shift some Shields, will give it some thought though. By the way Malcolm who? All best Ian.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses