Thread: Want to bring stock back from u.s

Want to bring stock back from u.s

Hi can I bring a rifle stock back from u.s not sure about u.s law
    thanks

Have brought lots of them back from the US in my case with no problems, the first time I did so I spoke to a customs man at this end and he told if it didn,t go bang he wasn,t interested. Regardless I have always had my receipt ready just in case, last year I brought a Boyds t/hole for my Tikka T3 which I collected from Jeff at CDI Ignition in Sarasota which he had inletted for his bottom metal to take A I magazines, total cost including bottom metal $306 and a 2 hour round trip to collect. Jeff will obtain and fit up any stock you want with his b/metal.

I would advise that you dont. Manners and McMillan stocks no longer ship direct to customers here in the UK. The issue is not what happens when you arrive with it in the UK. The problem is exporting it from the US. You now need an export license to comply with US ITAR regulations. If you are caught without an license you are in serious trouble. You do not want a Federal Weapons violation charge. Even stock screws need export licenses. You are better going through an importer. Give Jacksons a call and they will explain the situation and they carry lots of stocks.
    Many people have brought stocks back in the past without issue from the US but the rules are now different and I would not even consider it.
    Hope this helps

A stock is nothing more than a piece of wood - how can ITAR regs apply?!

What kind of stock do you want

Regular Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by karlbird View Post
    A stock is nothing more than a piece of wood - how can ITAR regs apply?!
    Empty cases are just pieces of brass... bullets are just lead and copper

Not sure if ITAR applies to stocks anyway, but some of the rules are ridiculous. Aren't certain scopes banned too?

Scopes with rangefinding reticles can be an issue and so called tactical scopes
    also. Some companies will export,some wont.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Why rely on an Internet forum? Why not instead just go and look at the BIS website?

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/po...dance/firearms

• What about rifle stocks? A rifle stock would be under the jurisdiction of the Department of State.
    And this from US Customs and Border Protection: RightNow Fatal Error

For information on how to permanently or temporarily export a handgun, rifle, their parts or their ammunition from the United States, please contact the U.S. Department of State's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) or call (202) 663-1282. The permanent export of a handgun, rifle, parts, or ammunition requires the exporter to register with DDTC and to complete a permanent export license application via D-Trade. Temporary exports of handguns, rifles, parts, or ammunition may either require the submission of a temporary export license or to qualify for an application license exemption. Additional information can be obtained at the Dept. of State website.
    or Europtics: Export Policy

Several items on the website may require an export license, including, but not limited to, the following:
    • Generation 2, 3, or 4 Night Vision Equipment and Night Vision Accessories
    • Thermal Imaging Equipment
    • Optical Sighting Equipment and Accessories
    • Firearms, magazines, and rifle stocks
    I'd say it's pretty clear.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 03-06-2015 at 22:55.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodlander View Post
    Scopes with rangefinding reticles can be an issue and so called tactical scopes
    also. Some companies will export,some wont.
    It is not scopes with rangefinders, nor tactical scopes, nor scopes with certain reticules, etc - it is any "riflescopes manufactured to military specifications". This is the exact wording from the U.S. Munitions List and for which there is no clear legal definition. It is this ambiguity over what constitutes a "riflescope manufactured to military specifications" that causes US retailers to be wary of exporting any scope without a license.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 03-06-2015 at 23:03.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!