Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Again

Ebay Again

In the last week I was watching a job lot of reloading manuals on Ebay, they looked as if they were worth buying, but with auction sites you never know so I put a top bid of £70 on them.
    I had 9 assorted reloading manuals delivered to the door on Saturday, all in perfect condition including postage for £72 now thats what I call a deal.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Bit like stalking Keith, sorting out the worthwhile from the utter cr*p, been watching some "Gun safes", just out of interest, some of the pics revealing dodgy welding & coatings,& the feed back in some cases is atrocious,but now & again you trip over a gem.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

there is an ase utra 308 mod on there at the moment with no mention of needing a ticket.........

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    there is an ase utra 308 mod on there at the moment with no mention of needing a ticket.........
    I just emailed him as no-one needs the sh*tstorm that would rain down if caught - ignorance won't stand up as a strong defense in a court of law...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I just emailed him as no-one needs the sh*tstorm that would rain down if caught - ignorance won't stand up as a strong defense in a court of law...
    good on you

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Funny you say that. I called the guy to let him know. Nice fella, didn't have the faintest clue he was doing anything wrong as he'd bought a load at a Citylink lost in transit auction. EBay have a lot to answer for to, as they should be more aware of what they're doing
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Funny you say that. I called the guy to let him know. Nice fella, didn't have the faintest clue he was doing anything wrong as he'd bought a load at a Citylink lost in transit auction. EBay have a lot to answer for to, as they should be more aware of what they're doing
    1. Citylink should be also be brought to task for selling them to him in the first place!!!

2. When's their next auction though...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I'm gutted! It's the right calibre, the right thread, I have a spare slot for an extra mod' on my ticket, and it's definitely the right price!!! But it's just not worth the risk of buying it
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    WTF were Sh***stink doing selling firearms anyway....

I think it was maybe part of an RFD-RFD shipment that went missing & was an insurance claim? I don't know, that's just what the guy told me. In any case, it strikes me as pretty messed up that the only people who seem to know the laws regarding this stuff are the very people that stand to lose the most by disregarding them, but have the least intention of ever actually doing so!