Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 249.99 for a pair of trousers??

249.99 for a pair of trousers??

Harkila PH X trousers for 249.99 are they having a tin bath? Their new range from Asia doesn't look as good as the old stuff and the only buyers are folk that want to look like the models in the catalogue but end up looking more like a tailors dummy.

Some folk spend ridiculous amounts on their shooting gear. It's their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Harkila PH X trousers for 249.99 are they having a tin bath? Their new range from Asia doesn't look as good as the old stuff and the only buyers are folk that want to look like the models in the catalogue but end up looking more like a tailors dummy.
    If 249.99 makes you laugh then this will give you a stitch!

ArcTeryx Leaf Alpha Trousers Multicam | Heinnie Haynes

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    If 249.99 makes you laugh then this will give you a stitch!

ArcTeryx Leaf Alpha Trousers Multicam | Heinnie Haynes
    I wonder what the sales department was mainlining when they dreamed up that price........ Wonder if they sell many, and if so to who?!?

I think it depends upon what worth an individual places upon the clothing, I have a friend that is a commission ranger and he swears by his harkila trousers, he is in them most days, the same applies to the acrteryx stuff if a soldier wants to compliment his own gear and it keeps him warm and dry then they are probably worth a lot more than 650 in fact certain items in life are invaluable and the initial cost is irrelevant.

I have a pair of harkila trousers which let damp in around the knees and they were exchanged for a new set hassle free, 250 today does not buy you a lot, a meal for two in a decent restaurant and a taxi home would cost you more. If you don't want to spend 250 on a pair of trousers then don't but to try and say that they are not worth it is pointless, worth is an individuals perception of what they would pay, value is an estimate of what an item would achieve and price is what the item is actually bought for or achieved in the market place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian 1 View Post
    250 today does not buy you a lot, a meal for two in a decent restaurant and a taxi home would cost you more
    Add on 50 for the babysitter as well!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Compared to 3-4 for a pint of beer...............
    Compared to paying 30+ to watch a football match............
    Compared to paying ?????? for drug fix............
    Compared to walking round for 4 hours without getting a shot, for 75...............
    Compared to paying 25+ a day to walk round with and air rifle............

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian 1 View Post
    I think it depends upon what worth an individual places upon the clothing, I have a friend that is a commission ranger and he swears by his harkila trousers, he is in them most days, the same applies to the acrteryx stuff if a soldier wants to compliment his own gear and it keeps him warm and dry then they are probably worth a lot more than 650 in fact certain items in life are invaluable and the initial cost is irrelevant.

I have a pair of harkila trousers which let damp in around the knees and they were exchanged for a new set hassle free, 250 today does not buy you a lot, a meal for two in a decent restaurant and a taxi home would cost you more. If you don't want to spend 250 on a pair of trousers then don't but to try and say that they are not worth it is pointless, worth is an individuals perception of what they would pay, value is an estimate of what an item would achieve and price is what the item is actually bought for or achieved in the market place.
    I also have Harkila trousers with the 'knee issue' and doubt I'd buy another pair but to pay 650 for a pair of trousers is mental, when I was serving I bought my own kit to make things more comfortable but wouldn't have spent what would be a fair chunk of a soldiers monthly wage on trousers that would ultimately get trashed- more important things at that age like going down town on the lash haha.

For 'suckers' who like their gear at discounted prices (go save a buck) http://www.govacuum.com/nsearch?keywords=gold+plated

Quote Originally Posted by Mick9abf View Post
    I also have Harkila trousers with the 'knee issue' and doubt I'd buy another pair but to pay 650 for a pair of trousers is mental, when I was serving I bought my own kit to make things more comfortable but wouldn't have spent what would be a fair chunk of a soldiers monthly wage on trousers that would ultimately get trashed- more important things at that age like going down town on the lash haha.
    I agree that I personally wouldn't pay 650 on a pair of waterproof trousers, but to simply dismiss an item purely based on price and not on the actual pros and cons is a bit nonsensical, if this pair of arcteryx trousers would last me a lifetime and keep me perfectly dry then I would buy them right now and save me a fortune over the rest of my lifetime, however I suspect that at the first barb wire fence they would meet their downfall. I don't mind spending money but only if the item is worth it by my own standards.