Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highland postage costs

Highland postage costs

Set of sticks to Sweden £25
    set of sticks to Lairg £27.99!!

how do they figure that out.
    has the wall tax been implemented already?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Postage any place north of Glasgow down the west coast is expensive ,once bought a dog box from the borders and the postage was more than the cost of the dog box which was £360

postage for an item from Manchester all areas south of Glasgow free, 40 miles north of Glasgow £12.50

Send your complaints to where the money goes.

Post Office Ltd,
    Finsbury Dials,
    20 Finsbury Street,
    London,
    EC2Y 9AQ

and you might care to point out the following (which they seem to forget)

Minimum Universal Service requirementsThe Postal Services Act 2011 sets out the minimum requirements the Universal Service provider must deliver. These are statutory. They can only be altered with the consent of the UK Parliament. The minimum requirements are:

• At least one delivery of letters every Monday to Saturday to every address in the UK
    • At least one collection of letters every Monday to Saturday from every access point in the UK that is used to receive letters and postal packets for onward transmission
    • Postal services at an affordable, uniform tariff across the UK
    • A registered items service at an affordable public tariff
    • An insured items service at an affordable public tariff
    • A free-of-charge postal service to blind or partially sighted people
    • Free carriage of legislative petitions and addresses
    • Postal Packets ≤20kg

Quote Originally Posted by megsjockey View Post
    Send your complaints to where the money goes.

Post Office Ltd,
    Finsbury Dials,
    20 Finsbury Street,
    London,
    EC2Y 9AQ

and you might care to point out the following (which they seem to forget)

Minimum Universal Service requirementsThe Postal Services Act 2011 sets out the minimum requirements the Universal Service provider must deliver. These are statutory. They can only be altered with the consent of the UK Parliament. The minimum requirements are:

• At least one delivery of letters every Monday to Saturday to every address in the UK
    • At least one collection of letters every Monday to Saturday from every access point in the UK that is used to receive letters and postal packets for onward transmission
    • Postal services at an affordable, uniform tariff across the UK
    • A registered items service at an affordable public tariff
    • An insured items service at an affordable public tariff
    • A free-of-charge postal service to blind or partially sighted people
    • Free carriage of legislative petitions and addresses
    • Postal Packets ≤20kg

You're right, but "post" is different to sending sticks or a dog box though. Surely they will come under the 2 lines below, as they will be treated as parcel rather than post - "at an affordable public tariff"

Clearly none of us think that it should cost more to send sticks to Lairg than Sweden, but the Post Office/Parcelfarce - is ALL its wisdom - must think that that is affordable!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

It's a nonsense, it really is. And it's getting worse! I ordered a chainsaw from Screwfix on next day delivery, only to be told that my address was considered 'remote' and there'd be an additional charge, plus a 2 day delay. When I told the guy on the phone I could actually drive to the nearest depot in under 15 minutes he couldn't have cared less

The only reason I wanted it delivered was to save me going out
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

I could perhaps better understand it if it was a private courier company, but the Royal Mail? Utter insanity!

Do they have the same policy in the remoter areas of England and Wales, or is it only Scotland?

Is this Royal Mail or Parcel Force? Couriers often do this. Try living in the Hebrides. E**Y is one of the worst you get to the checkout and then you're told 'sorry we don't post to the islands' or 'please phone for our postage costs'. To be fair Royal Mail are one of the best and I didn't think that Parcel Force had a zonal surcharge in the uk.

For "Highlands & Islands" Parcel Force usually don't charge a premium (for average packages) They aren't cheap though.
    Many courier companies do add rediculous surcharges, but there are some cheap ones that don't add anything if it is mainland bound.
    The big gripe I have is the time stuff takes to get from Inverness to my place (30 miles) -- Often a full week! That is on top of the few days from source to the depots in town. Nearly all couriers pass outlying deliveries to the small "local" subcontractors who only pass our way maybe a couple of times a week.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    For "Highlands & Islands" Parcel Force usually don't charge a premium (for average packages) They aren't cheap though.
    Many courier companies do add rediculous surcharges, but there are some cheap ones that don't add anything if it is mainland bound.
    The big gripe I have is the time stuff takes to get from Inverness to my place (30 miles) -- Often a full week! That is on top of the few days from source to the depots in town. Nearly all couriers pass outlying deliveries to the small "local" subcontractors who only pass our way maybe a couple of times a week.

Ian
    That's only coz no bugger lives up ur way!!!! sheep and deer that's your neighbors!!!