Thread: stalking at Dunmhor Scottland

stalking at Dunmhor Scottland

Hello, I am off on my honeymoon in July to Kingussie Scotland, I am looking to book a stalk and Dunmhor sporting has come up. Has anybody or know of anybody that has used this company before? Or any others in the area?
    Thanks Sam

If I'd tried that, I'd have started the honeymoon as "newly wed", and finished it as "newly dead"
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsamdjt View Post
    Hello, I am off on my honeymoon in July to Kingussie Scotland, I am looking to book a stalk and Dunmhor sporting has come up. Has anybody or know of anybody that has used this company before? Or any others in the area?
    Thanks Sam
    Start as you mean to go on !

Congratulations on your future stalking outings, may you have much happiness and enjoyment for many years to come, Oh, and Good luck with the wedding ?

Bob

Hi, I know the owner of dunmhor sporting very well I've stalked with him for the last 10 years, he has some very nice estates he uses and has always catered for our needs.

I would quite happily recommend him to sort out what you require.

Wolfie

I don't know that sporting agent but know the area very well as my in-laws live there. From personal experience I can recommend Alvie Estate 10 minutes up the A9 from Kingussie http://www.alvie-estate.co.uk/field-.../deer-stalking

I have no professional or monetary gain from recommending them it is just somewhere I know the people and the stalking and they are as good as they come in the area in my opinion.

Hi Sam. I know Dunmhor sporting well, we get clients from them on the estate I'm Headkeeper on. This is not a plug(!), as we use other agents aswell, but I've always found their organisation spot on from an estate point of view, they also have access to a good choice of ground in that area.

Not overly far from where you are staying is Ardverikie, who might also do an early stag. Corrour is a bit further away, but again probably a good chance of an early beast. Rothiemurchus is another close by.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

Cheers thank you I will give them a try.