Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC at it again!

BBC at it again!

There was a piece on the breakfast news programme about the demise of the hedgehog (again). This time they were in a London park where there is a thriving colony of 40 or so. They said this is now very rare as they are disappearing from the countryside at an increasingly fast rate.
    Was there any mention of badgers predating on them? No! No surprise there then. The only hedgehogs I have seen round here for years don't seem to have any flesh or entrails just an inside out dried skin.
    Just wondered if there are any badgers in the london parks.

There is at least one hedgehog who regularly visits my London garden. It could be that there are two, based on the fact that I have twice released a hedgehog from the cage trap I use fort grey squirrels. It would appear that they like peanuts. Both times I've tried to shoo them away to safety, but it turns out you can't scare a hedgehog off, they just curl into a ball. When I've come back, they've gone, and they don't appear to have been eaten by our resident foxes. Who based on the damage they do to my vegetable patch, are vegetarians.

I have around 500 on my shoot and if you want to re-located the all to London feel free. They are egg eating, chick eating scum that would eat you if you were lying still for more than an hour.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    There was a piece on the breakfast news programme about the demise of the hedgehog (again). This time they were in a London park where there is a thriving colony of 40 or so. They said this is now very rare as they are disappearing from the countryside at an increasingly fast rate.
    Was there any mention of badgers predating on them? No! No surprise there then. The only hedgehogs I have seen round here for years don't seem to have any flesh or entrails just an inside out dried skin.
    Just wondered if there are any badgers in the london parks.
    Badgers are too busy terrorising Café Nero at the moment it would appear.....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3106646/Caffe-Nero-fiddles-cows-burn-RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-understand-coffee-chain-s-craven-surrender-threatened-200-people-stop-using-milk-areas-badgers-culled.html

Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I have around 500 on my shoot and if you want to re-located the all to London feel free. They are egg eating, chick eating scum that would eat you if you were lying still for more than an hour.

So your not fond of them then

Hate them with a passion i'm afraid but i suppose us truckers need a swerve or two on country roads in the dark to stay awake....
    also why oh why do the BBC insist on giving animals and even sticklebacks human names?? Won't be long before Micharla Strachans' bones are brought in to the studio for identification as she is looking a lot fossilised as it is?

So the demise of hedgehogs has nothing at all to do with slug pellets and or being turned inside out by badgers,or their fondness for going walkabout all night down brightly lit streets full of litter and scraps and getting turned into spatchcock by r/d in his best in europe has to offer 4x4 landy,not a very rosy picture for the little buggers,
    DONT START

Part of their problem is loss of habitat, front gardens being paved over, houses built closer together etc
    Some folk suggest doing this to help them Hedgehogs: Campaigners want 'CD-sized' holes for in garden fences - BBC News
    Can't see RD taking up that suggestion unless it involves a snare........
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Aye and i can deliver them free to that other BBC fossil Terry Walton!!

I saw a spatchcocked hedgehog on the road this morning- a rare sight these days- but judging by where they end up on the carriageway people are deliberately running them over.

F