Thread: Cheap car, pretty much anything considered

Cheap car, pretty much anything considered

Hi all,
    Following on from my recent "motorcycle for sale" thread comes this wanted ad for a car. The name of the game here is cheap, I have an absolute maximum of 1000 to spend, ideally I'd like to spend less. Needn't be fancy, but must be reliable and have enough space to carry me, my dog, my rifle and anything I've managed to shoot. Will also be my daily getting to work car but this is only about an 8 mile round trip.
    Obviously there's loads to choose on eBay, but I do trust the SD membership a bit more so I thought I'd start here first.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Get a Suzuki Vitara mate (old style - not a Grand Vitara). Bought mine 3 years ago for 800. 43,000 miles later it still goes strong and sails through MOT's. 1600 petrol engine with a tank that costs about 43 to fill from empty. Goes places that most 4x4's won't! This is my second one. They go on forever with minimal maintenance or running costs. I got 3 red spikers, 2 roe buck and a munty buck in the back of my first one! The wheels touched the wheel arches until my larger than average mate(19 stone!) got in the front and freed them up a little! We got home ok! Awesome little vehicles!
    MS

What he said.
    Mind you I have my Saab 900 on fleabay. Drop the rood and you could carry anything.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

How about a Peugeot 205 diesel?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    simon

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums...iew=getnewpost

not sure you can see this but a wee terios 1.3 for 750.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thanks all. Just paid up for a Mitsubishi Space Star which is hopefully about to pass its MOT next week before I collect it. If it doesn't I still have a fair chunk of my budget left to get it sorted though
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

My neighbour has a dihatsu(spelling?h) 4track for sale, 122k, passed mot. Good suv. He is wanting 1100
    picked up from Duns. It's a diesel btw.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Thanks all. Just paid up for a Mitsubishi Space Star which is hopefully about to pass its MOT next week before I collect it. If it doesn't I still have a fair chunk of my budget left to get it sorted though
    You shouldn't go far wrong with a Japanese car.