Thread: Refreshing evening out

Refreshing evening out

Just a quick write up of my evening.
    So I've been without a car since Easter so haven't been shooting since then! I now have a car again...a very cool and trendy diesel scenic, perfect for a 26 year old.
    Upside is I can load it with all sorts of kit. I did just that this evening....except my shooting sticks!

Not to be deterred, I decided to take the .22 out anyway after some bunnies and do it offhand. I practice offhand with my open sight big gun but not my scoped .22, still I was pretty confident.

To start with I felt like I was missing a limb! But after the first field it felt like a breath of fresh air! Took a wander around the fields and accounted for 7 rabbits with ease. One shot was slightly less clean than I would like but still it was very dead very quick.

In a community where sticks have become the norm (and so they should), I must admit, I really relished the challenge.
    I now just need to find a way to eliminate or severely reduce my sticks.

Have fun out there lads and try summat new
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

I take it you were walking around at dusk, when rabbits come out to eat. I am seeing lots of them now, every day and everywhere. That time of day, the thermal currents die down, and the hawks seem unable to cruise about, too - funny how Nature seems to give every creature some advantage and some respite.

Here, rabbit season, like most birds and small game, runs November 1 to March 1.

Your post reminds me of walking about as a boy, with a single shot .22 Winchester or Marlin 99, with iron sights. Most rabbit shots were pretty close, and now, the few times I get out after them, I take a .22 revolver or autopistol, or my same old Marlin 99.

Yeah, sunset here is 2130 so I like to be out for about 1900, quick check zero and get out on the fields.

I'm the same mate, reminded me of being out with my cheap Chinese air rifle as a kid. Iron sights, eley wasps and not a care in the world.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me