Thread: Wanted: load data from hornady manual

Wanted: load data from hornady manual

Hi all,

A little necky i know but I dont really want to buy the manual for a couple of bits of data. If anyone could take photos of the relevant pages for the following calibres I would be eternally grateful and could try to return the favour somehow?

Looking for all the photos for both .243 and .270 vmax and sst for both please.

Thanks in advance.

Pm for email addy
    Stealthy, like a giraffe on roller-skates....

More than a little cheeky. You're asking folk to PM you for your EMA too. Unauthorised publication of this stuff is a copyright issue under USA law, and Hornady's legal department @ Grand Island, Nebraska are quite active in enforcement. It's a federal offence in the States.

Why not just buy the manual? All of us have to for just a few of the 327 calibres I think it contains. It's got other uses too. It's an investment for the near future when the only load data will be available on the company, or licensed third-part websites. Then you won't get anywhere without paying a credit card charge up front.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Hi sinistral

Thanks for the input there, I do already own a couple of reloading manuals but dont really feel inclined to buy all of them. Im pretty sure they have bigger fish to fry than someone asking for 2 pages of a book in all fairness. Im sure we are all guilty of trying to look after our pockets in this day and age.

Cheers though

KS
    Stealthy, like a giraffe on roller-skates....

Why don't you use the data you have for the chosen bullet weights in each of those cartridges. First, there's nothing magic about an SST. They are a copper jacketed lead bullet. Any appropriate data will do for the that weight of bullet. Second, you won't like the Hornady data. I have found it consistently 'mild' compared to Hodgdon's data. An example: Loading 257 Roberts last week. Hornady's mid-range load with a 100 grain Spire point was below the starting load listed for Hodgdon. I've seen similar results comparing 30-06, 7-08 and 308 as well.~Muir

Copyright notwithstanding, someone has already posted some .243 Hornady data in an earlier thread…look at the list at the bottom of this page.

If you don't want to spend on the paper book the digital version of the latest Hornady manual is on iTunes or Kindle at just over 10 I think.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Why don't you use the data you have for the chosen bullet weights in each of those cartridges. First, there's nothing magic about an SST. They are a copper jacketed lead bullet. Any appropriate data will do for the that weight of bullet. Second, you won't like the Hornady data. I have found it consistently 'mild' compared to Hodgdon's data. An example: Loading 257 Roberts last week. Hornady's mid-range load with a 100 grain Spire point was below the starting load listed for Hodgdon. I've seen similar results comparing 30-06, 7-08 and 308 as well.~Muir
    Too right. IMO any standard SP or polymer tip of the same weight is much like another. I've only limited experience of Hodgdon data & powders, but the Hornady Handbook differs vastly from the Speer Manual on the IMR & Viht powders too. It seems so conservative that the Speer has become my bible. I've stuck with it because all of the couple of hundred loads tried from the different editions have clocked very close to what it predicted.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

I'll sell you the complete book for 22.50 posted ?
    That way nobody needs to do anything even mildly illegal.

Neil.