What made this scrape?

I guess there are several possibilities but I would like to narrow it down. The 25kg meal bag in the picture is about 20 inches across. Ideas please.

Attachments

• DSC00574.jpg
    DSC00574.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00576.jpg
    DSC00576.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 120
Just a little more info. It was made in the last two months but not very recent as hoof or claw marks are not identifiable. Its also fairly smooth so it looks like something has been lying in it but no hair left behind. There are sika and fallow deer about and wild boar would be a remote possibility. The reason I'm so curious is that it would appear consistent with boar. I have a trail cam set up and some grain left out.

Your discovery is not related to Deer but i`ll look forward to the Badger trail cam images ;)

DSC02195 (800x600).jpgDSC02194 (800x600).jpg
similar ones here at a local private school grounds. found a badger hair in there as well as a slot mark....which wasnt expected as no deer have been seen near there for years. we dont have that many up here and the ones we do have manage to lose themselves.:)

Not what I expected but I'm not sure if this golden retreiver was the original excavator. Interestingly the plantation in question is private but borders a few hundred acres of public access woodland.

Attachments

• SUNP0028.JPG
    SUNP0028.JPG
    386.9 KB · Views: 20
Back