Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harkila binocular pouch or similar?

Harkila binocular pouch or similar?

Hi,

Has anyone got one of these?

There are very little details about it online.

I am wondering if the binoculars sit in the pouch loose, or if they are attached to the pouch in anyway?

I fear the binoculars are loose on the Harkila one.

I have seen some american designs that a really like, but short of importing from USA I believe they will be hard to source in the UK.

I like the Sitka design as below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	57637

Or the Alaskan Creations bino pouch.

Views:	64 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	57638

Can anyone offer some suggestions of something similar to the above that is available in the UK?

Cheers
    Last edited by 270Buck; 08-06-2015 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    Attachment 57634

Attachment 57635
    Attachment 57636

Hi,

Has anyone got one of these?

There are very little details about it online.

I am wondering if the binoculars sit in the pouch loose, or if they are attached to the pouch in anyway?

I fear the binoculars are loose on the Harkila one.

I have seen some american designs that a really like, but short of importing from USA I believe they will be hard to source in the UK.

I like the Sitka design as below.

Views:	69 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	57637

Or the Alaskan Creations bino pouch.

Views:	64 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	57638

Can anyone offer some suggestions of something similar to the above that is available in the UK?

Cheers
    The Kuiu version of the Sitka design is better, lighter, face fabrics high quality, awesome bit of kit.. Just order off their site.. Www.kuiu.com and it will land in about a week..

I have quite a lot of Kuiu gear now, all amazing stuff!

The xl version fits the leica hd-b pretty much perfectly.. But they are quite big.. If smaller bins (swarovski rfs etc) then the l will work

Not only are they the perfect t bino harness, they also are now my bino's case too... Have ditched the leica case as well as the objective and ocular covers.. Just don't need them any more! The inside of the fabric is like towelling..
    Last edited by Vipa; 07-06-2015 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    The Kuiu version of the Sitka design is better, lighter, face fabrics high quality, awesome bit of kit.. Just order off their site.. Www.kuiu.com and it will land in about a week..

I have quite a lot of Kuiu gear now, all amazing stuff!

The xl version fits the leica hd-b pretty much perfectly.. But they are quite big.. If smaller bins (swarovski rfs etc) then the l will work

Not only are they the perfect t bino harness, they also are now my bino's case too... Have ditched the leica case as well as the objective and ocular covers.. Just don't need them any more! The inside of the fabric is like towelling..
    As they will be for Leica HD-B the Kuiu ones sound great.

Do you remember what they cost you in GBP including any import tax, shipping etc?

Cheers

As they will be for Leica HD-B the Kuiu ones sound great.

Do you remember what they cost you in GBP including any import tax, shipping etc?

Cheers
    All in they cost about 85... not cheap but I'd already spent a couple of hundred on various covers at this point and all of them were either utter crap at worse or disappointing at best! These are most definitely worth every penny.. $120 with shipping and then about 12 at this end

If it gives you any indication... the fabric/quality/engineering of the bino harness was so good I bought a Yukon jacket and have since bought base layers, gloves, hats... will be buying superdown jacket and merino mid layers come autumn... It is incredible stuff!

Just make sure you wear it snug (very comfy.. you won't know its there!) if its flopping around you may find it difficult to get your bins out with one hand. Plenty of youtube vids on kuiu gear, including the bino harness
    Last edited by Vipa; 07-06-2015 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    All in they cost about 85... not cheap but I'd already spent a couple of hundred on various covers at this point and all of them were either utter crap at worse or disappointing at best! These are most definitely worth every penny.. $120 with shipping and then about 12 at this end

If it gives you any indication... the fabric/quality/engineering of the bino harness was so good I bought a Yukon jacket and have since bought base layers, gloves, hats... will be buying superdown jacket and merino mid layers come autumn... It is incredible stuff!

Just make sure you wear it snug (very comfy.. you won't know its there!) if its flopping around you may find it difficult to get your bins out with one hand. Plenty of youtube vids on kuiu gear, including the bino harness
    When you bear in mind the binoculars are 2000+, 85 on protection for them is money well spent.

I have watched the video now and they do look perfect. If they fit the HD-B like a glove then I will get a pair on order.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

When you bear in mind the binoculars are 2000+, 85 on protection for them is money well spent.

I have watched the video now and they do look perfect. If they fit the HD-B like a glove then I will get a pair on order.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers
    No problem... enjoy

As I found to my expense... you may struggle to fit a pair of HD-Bs in.. If you measure a pair of HD-Bs and then look at the sizes on the harness it sort of gives the game away... but me being the eternal optimist...... ahh well! They also feel incredibly cheap and tacky in comparison with others out there

I can vouch for how good kuiu equipment is. Superb design and a unique marketing model.
    Jason who owns it founded Sitka.
    Vipa the down jacket is great. I have it in my rucksack for glassing on mountain hunts and it is lovely and warm

Quote Originally Posted by sws View Post
    I can vouch for how good kuiu equipment is. Superb design and a unique marketing model.
    Jason who owns it founded Sitka.
    Vipa the down jacket is great. I have it in my rucksack for glassing on mountain hunts and it is lovely and warm
    Just cant decide weather to go for the hooded version or not... would have gone for the Zip-T but it only goes up to XL and I need XXL although I'm back on track with the diet now so you never know by the time I come to order it! lol