Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough old cabin for that forest lease...

Nice man cave in the woods seen a house on grand designs made from containers it was very well done

Very smart indeed, not to be a party pooper but be careful with shipping containers. I stayed in a temp camp in West Africa we were in converted containers with a personnel door in the side, anyway one guy fell asleep with a cigarette and when he didn't turn to in the morning they went to check on him and there was nothing but a charred mess inside. Best plan two doors and a smoke detector. That is some camp there though, I like the fact it doesn't look like much from the outside thus not attracting too much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Very smart indeed, not to be a party pooper but be careful with shipping containers. I stayed in a temp camp in West Africa we were in converted containers with a personnel door in the side, anyway one guy fell asleep with a cigarette and when he didn't turn to in the morning they went to check on him and there was nothing but a charred mess inside. Best plan two doors and a smoke detector. That is some camp there though, I like the fact it doesn't look like much from the outside thus not attracting too much attention.
    Where in W/Africa White Hart? I stayed in them in Burkina Faso and very good accom from Red Sea but have to admit not a good idea to smoke in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Where in W/Africa White Hart? I stayed in them in Burkina Faso and very good accom from Red Sea but have to admit not a good idea to smoke in them.
    Glenbuck it was in Equatorial Guinea down at Luba, got changed out for portacabins straight after.

Got two for sale if anyone fancies a go !
    norma

How much do they go for?

How is the condensation issue dealt with?

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    How much do they go for?
    How long is a piece of string?

The answer is pretty much infinitely variable. A shipping container dealer might start you off at about 1500 plus VAT for a decent quality, used, forty footer. A brand new one might be more like 4k + VAT. At the other end of the spectrum, if you hunt around you might find a passable quality old one that someone is happy just to be rid of, provided you do the extraction and haulage, for as little as a bottle of whisky.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    How much do they go for?
    Two in great condition 750 each plus haulage they include additional covered locking port
    norma
    Pm if interested