Thread: Wilkinson Sword Survival Knife.

Wilkinson Sword Survival Knife.

Selling above as never used it. As i understand these havent been made for a number of years now. The knife is immaculate as not used. There is a survivak kit in the handle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150604_070937.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	57671

Looking for 150

Thank you

Brian

Just been looking at the photo, what are the marks on the blade?, is it totally unused? Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

These were called the Dartmoor and they usually go for 300 in compete condition.

they became so collectable the firm that made the originals have started making them again at 495!
    Dartmoor Knife - Wilkinson Sword CSK185 Survival knife supplier
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 08-06-2015 at 09:04.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    These were called the Dartmoor and they usually go for 300 in compete condition.
    Think Lofty Wiseman had a bit of input too.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

they became so collectable the firm that made the originals have started making them again at 495!
    The original were called simply "The Survival Knife", from Wilkinson Sword. Ray Mears had a hand in the design and this knife was the output......then later he met Alan Wood.

The mark II (or it could have been mark III) which is shown in the OP is the one called the Dartmoor.

The two models are easy to tell apart and command different prices.

There's a nice blog on the history here: An 80s Revival: Surviving with the Dartmoor Knife
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

In the handle there is also a firestarter. When first baught it was tried a couple of times in the kitchen of all places as not used one. Thus the mark on the blade.

Sold thank you.

Still on the web site as For Sale !!!

Blog Entries

I own 3 of these. (3 kids to pass them too)

They aren't made anymore. Stirling who owns the website indirectly acquired all of the Wilkinson Sword stock when WS folded in mid production when HM armed forces shifted their contract for swords overseas.

Stirling brokers some complete knives between collectors and has sold knives in various states of preparation off the line. Effectively knives made from spares in various levels of competition.

This one was a good example of a complete knife. It's not an early numbered blade but the bead blasting is complete as is the stamp. Everything else is replaceable but the pommel nut. The damaged bead blasting cannot be repaired unfortunately.

150 was a very very good price and I think the seller will regret this in time.

I have a numbered blade. I and a mate preordered them back in the day. His never came out of the box. I was not so disciplined.

I use one as a working blade still for bushcraft and those far away places. It's an amazing piece of kit.

The Dartmoor was a rejig of the original 80's WS Survival Knife which the story goes was designed by Ray Mears.

Whatever it does the job. Until you have held one you have no concept of the scale of this thing!
    Last edited by NorthDorset; 15-06-2015 at 14:05.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Hello Brian,

is is the knife still available?

Ian