Thread: Luppit Commons deer lease..Devon.

Luppit Commons deer lease..Devon.

Anyone else view or tender for this stalking? Interesting roe stalking, hard going boggy ground but good habitat. I know its on Ian F's doorstep but I don't think the lease would work for any form of "client" stalking......and yet they advertised it nationwide!!!?

Hmm - missed this completely. Where was it advertised? Could you provide a link please SS.

Rgds

Ian

If i remember correctly, it was advertised in the Shooting Times for a couple of weeks.

If i remember i'll try and PM you the details later when i get home as i still have it kicking about i think. it was only a small add.

Jim

I believe the closing date for bids was midday the 9th April.

Went to Luppit Common a few years ago with the then tennant, Tony Lingaard, had some good stalking with him,
    a bit of a character, Igot all the bumff from the trustee Mr Gavin Brake on the e mail address, seemed like an
    excellent place, but reading between the lines a local would have been likely to get it.
    howzat.

Quote Originally Posted by Howzat View Post
    Went to Luppit Common a few years ago with the then tennant, Tony Lingaard, had some good stalking with him,
    a bit of a character, Igot all the bumff from the trustee Mr Gavin Brake on the e mail address, seemed like an
    excellent place, but reading between the lines a local would have been likely to get it.
    howzat.
    AAAAhh
    mr Linguaard
    wot a character, i can only say that was my biggest mistake, most of his ground offered to me on a plate and i never followed it up
    more fool me
    is he still about , as i lost contact a few years ago but still remember the fond memories and stories
    must not forget the terrier either , as i had to contend with that on the front seat and that was while i was driving

Sorry to say Tony died a few years ago, he was indeed a character, I understand the last incumbant at Luppit
    had to give up due to an infirmaty, namley a knee problem, thats how it became available, would be interested
    to know who the succsessfull bidder was, proberbly a local.
    howzat

If one wanted too let it locally why run it for 2 weeks in the Shooting Times? A couple of parish magazines, mole valley small ads. and the Honiton herald?? would have been much more cost effective.
    Yet it is local common land with complex boundaries and no go gardens and holdings within so really wants careful attention and familiarity...... maybe they are just interested too know the "possible" income.
    So has anyone else hereabouts put in a proper tender or did you just apply for details for other motives?

Quote Originally Posted by Howzat View Post
    Sorry to say Tony died a few years ago, he was indeed a character, I understand the last incumbant at Luppit
    had to give up due to an infirmaty, namley a knee problem, thats how it became available, would be interested
    to know who the succsessfull bidder was, proberbly a local.
    howzat
    Cheers for that
    sorry to hear the ole beggar has gone to a better world
    i always thought his eyesight would be the end to it all
    he started out as an animal feed delivery man up here in my area before he made his way down south, that was how he got a few of his contacts then set up with Penny and the B&B
    how the heck the locals took him as their own is anybodies guess
    but they did
    i will never forget him that is for sure, my last trip with him was in 2002 and i still remember it like yesterday
    God rest his soul and God bless