Luppit Commons deer lease..Devon.

shortshot

Anyone else view or tender for this stalking? Interesting roe stalking, hard going boggy ground but good habitat. I know its on Ian F's doorstep but I don't think the lease would work for any form of "client" stalking......and yet they advertised it nationwide!!!?

If i remember correctly, it was advertised in the Shooting Times for a couple of weeks.

If i remember i'll try and PM you the details later when i get home as i still have it kicking about i think. it was only a small add.

Jim

Went to Luppit Common a few years ago with the then tennant, Tony Lingaard, had some good stalking with him,
a bit of a character, Igot all the bumff from the trustee Mr Gavin Brake on the e mail address, seemed like an
excellent place, but reading between the lines a local would have been likely to get it.
howzat.

Went to Luppit Common a few years ago with the then tennant, Tony Lingaard, had some good stalking with him,
a bit of a character, Igot all the bumff from the trustee Mr Gavin Brake on the e mail address, seemed like an
excellent place, but reading between the lines a local would have been likely to get it.
howzat.
AAAAhh
mr Linguaard
wot a character, i can only say that was my biggest mistake, most of his ground offered to me on a plate and i never followed it up
more fool me
is he still about , as i lost contact a few years ago but still remember the fond memories and stories
must not forget the terrier either , as i had to contend with that on the front seat and that was while i was driving:lol:

Sorry to say Tony died a few years ago, he was indeed a character, I understand the last incumbant at Luppit
had to give up due to an infirmaty, namley a knee problem, thats how it became available, would be interested
to know who the succsessfull bidder was, proberbly a local.
howzat

If one wanted too let it locally why run it for 2 weeks in the Shooting Times? A couple of parish magazines, mole valley small ads. and the Honiton herald?? would have been much more cost effective.
Yet it is local common land with complex boundaries and no go gardens and holdings within so really wants careful attention and familiarity...... maybe they are just interested too know the "possible" income.
So has anyone else hereabouts put in a proper tender or did you just apply for details for other motives?

Sorry to say Tony died a few years ago, he was indeed a character, I understand the last incumbant at Luppit
had to give up due to an infirmaty, namley a knee problem, thats how it became available, would be interested
to know who the succsessfull bidder was, proberbly a local.
howzat
Cheers for that
sorry to hear the ole beggar has gone to a better world
i always thought his eyesight would be the end to it all
he started out as an animal feed delivery man up here in my area before he made his way down south, that was how he got a few of his contacts then set up with Penny and the B&B
how the heck the locals took him as their own is anybodies guess
but they did
i will never forget him that is for sure, my last trip with him was in 2002 and i still remember it like yesterday
God rest his soul and God bless

Back