Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faulty S&B

Faulty S&B

I seam to be having a problem that I can only put down to the scope causing an 8 inch horizontal sting. I know the rifle is good has shot sub inch plenty, moderator tight, all scope mounts tight, barrel floating. Even started to doubt my self so had a mate who shoots well to have a go and he had the same results as me. Not down to ammunition because tried two batches. the scope is a S&B PMII 3-12x50 PA. Has any one else had anything like this?

Dave

I have 7 Schmidts and never had a problem. That said, s**t happens in the best of kit, just look at Concorde.

S&B will sort it though.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Its unfair to decry S&B until they refuse to help. I know you have spent a lot of money. But as pointed out all manufacture items can have problems either from manufacture or if its been handled roughly before you got it.
    I have had Fantastic after sales Service from Schimdt & Bender and Swarovski im sure they will help sort any problem, Please contact them before condemning them on a Forum.

Try another scope to see if the problem stops, at least then you know it is the scope at fault.

that's strange only this week I was talking to an officer at the camp and he also had a s&b pm11 3x12x50 that was stringing shots and he even got his mate to try it the same as you . I think you had best send it to s&b and get them to have a look at it as there must be some fault with this model. or better still trade it in and buy a swarovoski 8x50

Mike,

i had had the same advice from an engineer who is building a high seat for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Its unfair to decry S&B until they refuse to help. I know you have spent a lot of money. But as pointed out all manufacture items can have problems either from manufacture or if its been handled roughly before you got it.
    I have had Fantastic after sales Service from Schimdt & Bender and Swarovski im sure they will help sort any problem, Please contact them before condemning them on a Forum.

I dont think think I have decried S&B this is my third one of their scopes, I have had this one 7 years and will probably have another in the future. I was asking if any one else had similar problems that's all.

dave

Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    Mike,

i had had the same advice from an engineer who is building a high seat for me!!
    I think I know the guy your on about he makes good high seats well worth the wait so im told.

Take that scope off the rifle and replace it with a known good scope. Test fire it. Take your scope and put it on a known good rifle. Test fire it. If you demonstrate the S&B scope to be at fault, contact S&B and have them repair it. They might even do it FOC under their goodwill policy.

-JMS

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS906 View Post
    Take that scope off the rifle and replace it with a known good scope. Test fire it. Take your scope and put it on a known good rifle. Test fire it. If you demonstrate the S&B scope to be at fault, contact S&B and have them repair it. They might even do it FOC under their goodwill policy.

-JMS
    Dave - if you don't have a spare scope I have two Zeiss scopes with 1" tubes sitting in my cupboard that you'd be welcome to try. I am just North of Swindon, so not a million miles away.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!