Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best lightweight stalking trousers?

Best lightweight stalking trousers?

That time of year again.... anyone got a go-to favorite pair of stalking trousers they can recommend...
    I hate being too hot and loathe shallow pockets....
    Thinking of picking up a pair as we head into summer if anyone has any suggestions?
    with thanks

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual-T View Post
    That time of year again.... anyone got a go-to favorite pair of stalking trousers they can recommend...
    I hate being too hot and loathe shallow pockets....
    Thinking of picking up a pair as we head into summer if anyone has any suggestions?
    with thanks

C.
    'Bear Grylls Survivor' or 'Graghoppers by Bear Grylls' are light and comfortable on a hot day, but will not protect you from bramble and thorns...
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Fjallraven Greenlands.

Just bought a pair of mil surplus MTP warm climate trousers for 20, big pockets on legs, nice and lightweight and a price that I not concerned about if I rip them.

Northface Paramount Peak convertibles have been absolutely brilliant for me. Light, roomy, Nylon, breathable, good pockets wind proof, only rain resistant but dry very fast. Don't seem to rustle. I have had a pair which have been used for all hiking and beating two or three days a week from September to February for twelve years. Countless barbed wire fences have been straddled and snagged but no damage! When I am beating they are covered by Wearite leggings which protect from most brambles getting through.

The zip failed after eleven years but 6:50 at the dry cleaners replaced that.

They have just brought out a khaki coloured version so I have bought a pair of those. The earlier ones were field grey so I think the khaki version better for stalking.

Alan
    Last edited by Alantoo; 09-06-2015 at 16:47. Reason: spelling

Tick resistant Rovince are pretty good design, quiet and am trying them after a NikWax washing to see if they'd be reasonably well proofed?
    Cheers, K

Quote Originally Posted by NellyT View Post
    Just bought a pair of mil surplus MTP warm climate trousers for 20,
    The surplus trousers work well and if you wash some waterproofing into them they are "showerproof" and will dry even more quickly should they get wet. If you don't mind the DPM ones then, with careful shopping, you can pick up a new or "as new" pair for less than 10, indeed often for less than 5.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

thanks guys, appreciate the suggestions...will do some digging around.

caorach, Do you know where to get good windproof DPM trousers?

Quote Originally Posted by 762Scot View Post
    caorach, Do you know where to get good windproof DPM trousers?
    I don't in the sense that I usually just order the standard surplus DPM ones off ebay or one of the surplus suppliers. They are relatively windproof but not as heavy as the windproof smock and I don't know if they make any trousers that heavy.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/