This plant- what is it PLEASE?

BRYAN

P1000273.jpgP1000274.jpg

The whole plant is about 27" tall. Possibly yellowing slightly needing some decent dirt.

ATB Bryan.

Looks a bit like

Birds foot trefoil But not to sure as its rather bigger than I think I have seen them,

Bob

I thought Birds foot trefoil as well, but I'm uncertain about the leaves and the petals don't quite look right. It may also be one of the sages.

Have sent the pics on to a botanist friend who really knows his stuff.

Could you give some details of where you found it?

It should have been given a drink or a beer before the photoshoot as the flowers are closed, so an ID isn't easy. Did it come from a soggy end of the Fens?

It looks like one of the buttercup/water lily family Ranunculus... Greater Spearwort?

It should have been given a drink or a beer before the photoshoot as the flowers are closed, so an ID isn't easy. Did it come from a soggy end of the Fens?

It looks like one of the buttercup/water lily family Ranunculus... Greater Spearwort?

I thinks it's unlikely to be a Ranunculus - they all have radially symmetric flowers, and this seems not to.

Lots of responces,thanks chaps.
The plant was in a garden in Chelmsford,Essex. No one could name it and was given to my Mum to try and find out.
Everyone seems stumped by it. I have now measured it at 22". The petals look like hollow distorted balls or slipper shaped but not open topped,about 1/2" across. I will plant it later and feed it.P1000275.jpgP1000278.jpg

Aren't brassicas 4 petalled symmetrical flowers, and looking on the web for kosaitai the flowers are not globular structures. I suspects it's an odd hybrid, but send it to RHS and they'll tell you

Back