Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHich utility belt / pack / harness

WHich utility belt / pack / harness

Ok id like a utility belt or harness system for stalking.

Normaly I just put everything in my pockets but when its warm I need somwhere to stash the kit when out without the jacket.

I carry: gloves, towel (think dish cloth) spare knife (folding) drag bag, 6m rope and sholder pull harness, folding gambrill,phone, amo, multitool, boor snake, bottle of water

I am using a sholder bag at the moment but felt a harness or belt would be more comfortable. Tried a ruck sack but its much too hot and swetty.

biggest concern with a belt is it staying up. I thaught a belt with a braces system would be better but I am strugling to see anything suitable at the moment

any ideas? Preferably with links to where I can buy one?

ATB

Chasey

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Chasey

Check out the thread on the slim roe sacks using the ex-Army hydration packs. I used a belt system for years, but have been really won over to these. I can get everything I need (and more) into one and, being small, they don't make you sweat like a bigger backpack/regular roe sack.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Blog Entries
    Maxpedition Sabrecat or Snugpak Response pack.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Have a look at this - 'decathlonhttps://www.decathlon.co.uk/7l-kamo-waist-bag-id_8181916.html

Not sure if the link will work, first time of trying it, but easy found in decathlons website. I have one in plain olive, had it for a year and no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    This would work well with a loden cape!

I have a roe sack from Monarch which is a new product not yet on their website (when last checked).
    Sack folds into a bumbag. Space in bumbag around roe sack for phone, knife etc and a front zip pocket that I use for ziplock bags with wipes, kitchen roll etc. Two additional small pockets (about 6"x4") attach to front or sides of belt (wherevers comfy). Plenty of room in these for all the other stuff (I usually end up taking just one pocket but have the other with a midge jacket in it for 'the season').
    Monarch usual bombproof build quality.
    Its a bit of a guddle 'converting it' to a full roe sack, but with a bit of practice is fine. Very comfy as a roe sack and well built.
    I like not having a pack on my back most of the time, but having the weight well spread when a roe needs extracting from clearfell etc.
    Only downside I've found is that its awkward to use with a chest sling like a Z-Aim etc. But with 'normal' slung rifle its fine.
    Can take a picture if interested.
    Jim
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    Ok id like a utility belt or harness system for stalking.

Normaly I just put everything in my pockets but when its warm I need somwhere to stash the kit when out without the jacket.

I carry: gloves, towel (think dish cloth) spare knife (folding) drag bag, 6m rope and sholder pull harness, folding gambrill,phone, amo, multitool, boor snake, bottle of water

I am using a sholder bag at the moment but felt a harness or belt would be more comfortable. Tried a ruck sack but its much too hot and swetty.

biggest concern with a belt is it staying up. I thaught a belt with a braces system would be better but I am strugling to see anything suitable at the moment

any ideas? Preferably with links to where I can buy one?

ATB

Chasey
    I have tried 2 different kinds of belts in the past, mainly to avoid having to have straps over my shoulders, but in each case, I spent more time hoiking the belt back up than you would have thought possible. The pockets weren't stuffed with everything including the kitchen sink, but nonetheless, gravity worked its magic and they slid inexorably down. And down. And down....

After those experiences, I now use a slim pack - Stoney Creek, bought from Bushwear many moons ago - and put up with straps on my shoulders as a not wholly unreasonable trade-off for my stuff staying roughly where I'd like it to be, or just put stuff in my pockets.

I reckon you need an arse like J-Lo for a belt to stay up.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

It's my opinion that tight belts are the reason for a lot of bad backs. I always wear braces and a slack waistband.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    I have a roe sack from Monarch which is a new product not yet on their website (when last checked).
    Sack folds into a bumbag. Space in bumbag around roe sack for phone, knife etc and a front zip pocket that I use for ziplock bags with wipes, kitchen roll etc. Two additional small pockets (about 6"x4") attach to front or sides of belt (wherevers comfy). Plenty of room in these for all the other stuff (I usually end up taking just one pocket but have the other with a midge jacket in it for 'the season').
    Monarch usual bombproof build quality.
    Its a bit of a guddle 'converting it' to a full roe sack, but with a bit of practice is fine. Very comfy as a roe sack and well built.
    I like not having a pack on my back most of the time, but having the weight well spread when a roe needs extracting from clearfell etc.
    Only downside I've found is that its awkward to use with a chest sling like a Z-Aim etc. But with 'normal' slung rifle its fine.
    Can take a picture if interested.
    Jim

Pic would be great thanks