Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x4/Small Van etc

4x4/Small Van etc

Hi all,

17 soon so will be learning to drive. Looking for a cheap (both to buy and insure) truck. Budget about 1000, and I know I'm asking for alot for not much. Would be happy to do work on it if needs be (Im guessing it will!). Looking for whatever really, ideally a Defender, but whatever really, a small van (Astra ,Combo ,Transit Connect etc) would be good.

PM or post welcome.

atb
    Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    If you get a Defender for less than a grand, that runs, I'll be very surprised. You'd get a 200 or 300 TDI Disco for that price though, 200's were prone to head gaskets going about 70-90k, most or all that are still on the road will have been done by now.

TJ

How about this one Sam, looks OK to me!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/1?logcode=p
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Hi Sam

One of these would be ideal for your first stalking vehicle,

Suzuki Vitara, but this one comes with a 1.9 Peugeot turbo diesel engine fitted from the factory, cheap to run and will get anywhere; I have embarrassed Land rover owners in it more than once.

They come up on e-bay every now and again, your should be able to pick one up for 1,000

ATB

Tahr

Ive got a 1.6 vitara for sale mate. But I think you might be a bit far away. Let me know if your interested.

Cheers Owain.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Sam

What about a Jeep Cherokee? I have seen those for around 1k, both turbo diesel and petrol.

willie_gunn

Sam i tried to put my son im my insurance for an old disco 300 96 i was quoted 750 tpft and 3500 Fully comp
    in the end i got him a 1999 SUZUKI JIMMY 1.3 JLX 3dr Estate the insurance was only 300 Fully comp i am told if you take out the back seats and insure it as a commercial it is even cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Sam

What about a Jeep Cherokee? I have seen those for around 1k, both turbo diesel and petrol.

willie_gunn
    Thanks Willie. Dads already got a jeep. But the insurance is mad About a 1000 as named driver, but then again it is a 4ltr

Quote Originally Posted by ash243 View Post
    Sam i tried to put my son im my insurance for an old disco 300 96 i was quoted 750 tpft and 3500 Fully comp
    in the end i got him a 1999 SUZUKI JIMMY 1.3 JLX 3dr Estate the insurance was only 300 Fully comp i am told if you take out the back seats and insure it as a commercial it is even cheaper
    Thanks Ash. I think the Evilbay is calling me

Im also looking Series 1/2/2a Landy now

Thanks
    Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Hi Sam Miffy on here has a 2A for sale which needs some work and he is in Chester
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Thanks Sikadog. Miffy has PM

Sam