Thread: 2x Tikka opti lock mounting screws

2x Tikka opti lock mounting screws

Hi
    Mine are starting to round off so need2x screws for the opti lock mounting blocks.please PM me with offers and prices . Many thanks.
    jim allen

I don't have them myself, but give Callum Ferguson in Scotland a call, he supplied me with the ring screws and had them in stock, I think they were ~ 3 each. Good chance he will have the block screws too . And he's a pleasure to deal with.

You can also get them on ebay.

3 each!!?!?

is it just me who thinks that might be a little over priced for a generic hex head screw?
    what are the dimensions and thread pitch/size? anyone know

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    3 each!!?!?

is it just me who thinks that might be a little over priced for a generic hex head screw?
    what are the dimensions and thread pitch/size? anyone know
    They're a 3.5mm... not sure of the pitch though if there are options on this....... just tried with some 3.5's screws bought from modelfixings.co.uk (recommended!) But you'll need to turn the heads down to get them to fit the sockets on the top half of the ring.... so they're not actually totally 'generic'.

Model fixings ref MF-SC-27 should put you on 8mm length of thread in black... there may/may not be a stainless equivalent on there as it doesn't look like I managed to order any a year ago.

Having read MS's post below with the link to Bushwear's page of Optilock spares.....the trouble is that Bushwear have a basic 5.95 postage rate so you'd need to buy extras, or something else you can't live without to help with that. (ok.... call me tight! )

Just looked on modelfixings page but it appears that the 3.5's cap screws aren't available in stainless but are in HT - can't see any torx either but there are the button head stainless for the base screws.... at least I guess there are as I don't know the thread size off the top of my head.....

Socket Screws

Cheers

Fizz
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 12-06-2015 at 13:46.

I think the high cost of Optilok screws is because of the exotic blend of liquorice used in their manufacture.

Same bolts as used on milling and lathe cutting tools.