Thread: Hi from New Zealand

Hi from New Zealand

Hey Guys, Nick here.

Im a self taught and keen hunter from New Zealand, I cut my teeth chasing Sika on public land in the North Island where i spent day after day stalking the hills with very little reward, thankfully things began to click shooting my first deer after about 9 months of trying (a Sika hind). Now 10 years on i love hunting and spend most of my spare time in the hills, these days i also carry a camera with me and endeavor to photograph game. I look forward to contributing what i can to the forum. I'm heading into the hills tonight for a couple of days so i will let you know how i get on.

Here are a couple of photos i have taken. The first a young Sika spiker, the Second a young Wapiti bull.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0581 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	57867

Name:	IMG_3991 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	57868

Cheers Nick

Welcome, Nick

Rory

welcome to the site. A very nice little intro. I hope to get over to visit my sister who just became a NZ citizen this month. Her family are loving your country and don't intend on leaving by the sounds of it. Hope you little trip goes well.

Cheers, you wont regret coming over to visit them especially if you use the chance to get into some on the New Zealand game. The mrs is dragging me around Europe later this year and i keep on telling her i want to be back by April 2016 so i don't miss the rut/roar here.

Welcome Nick, you have some good game in NZ, but best of all you have some stunning land to hunt over, I realy do envy you.

Yes, nice intro. Will you make it to Scotland/Edinburgh & if so, what time of year? Might be able to arrange a walk if you're interested. I lived in Chch for a couple of years & Auckland for another 5 & married one of your lot.

J
    Last edited by McKenzie; 12-06-2015 at 04:32.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Yes, nice intro. Will you make it to Scotland/Edinburgh & if so, what time of year? Might be able to arrange a walk if you're interested. I lived in Chch for a couple of years & Auckland for another 5 & married one of your lot.

J
    At this stage we hadn't planned on heading up to Scotland, fly into London in October spend a few weeks there and then head over to Germany/Netherlands/France.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    welcome to the site. A very nice little intro. I hope to get over to visit my sister who just became a NZ citizen this month. Her family are loving your country and don't intend on leaving by the sounds of it. Hope you little trip goes well.
    Here are a couple of photos from the hunt. We managed to put a young redstag on the deck, a mates first red stag so he was rapt.

Name:	IMG_0039.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	367.3 KB 
ID:	57927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0055.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	722.4 KB 
ID:	57928
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0028.jpg  

If you change your mind let me know & we could go for a walkabout looking for a few old cock pheasants in October.

Enjoy the trip,

J