Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leica Geovid users - lens covers

Leica Geovid users - lens covers

There must be quite a few others here who own a pair of Geovids, I assume that everyone's objective lens covers have broken?

Has anyone managed to get a replacement set from Leica yet? I must have been waiting nearly two years now, shocking service when you consider what the binoculars cost and how good their competitors are at this sort of thing.

I rang Continental shooting at Dalry, where I purchased my Geovids, a pack of four came in the post F.O.C., I passed on a couple to my hosts while in Devon last year.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I rang Continental shooting at Dalry, where I purchased my Geovids, a pack of four came in the post F.O.C., I passed on a couple to my hosts while in Devon last year.
    Your hosts were suitably grateful - unfortunately, one has since broken.

It really is a weak point in otherwise nice kit.

Rgds

Ian

I'm in full agreement with you on the weak point Ian, I am now on one attached & one in pocket!, I discovered I was busting them when leaning against stuff like gates & the edge of the Landrover when climbing up & down / over, wouldn't reckon on anything being possible re a "fix" for this, How are you & Jo ?, hope you are doing well with the stalking,you certainly have a target rich environment, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Gents

In my experiance Leica, has got to be the worst service in the world, I have an LRF rangefinder-one of the older ones & I lost the rubber button depression cap in the field, just gave up trying to get a replacment to be honest, their UK spares people were no help at all.

I do use 10x42B Binos & they are great & would like to up grade to Geovids, but I am worried by their service here in the UK.

Regs Lee

Lee, if you are as careful with your bins as you should be, you are unlikely to need service!

Recently joined the geovid 'one missing cover' club

Googled the problem and ended up straight back here!

Did anyone find a source for a replacement in the end? They are being advertised at 40 a pair in various places.

thanks,

Alex

Should've bought Zeiss chaps. I sent my range finders back to the UK office after one of the eye cups broke and had a NEW pair of binos in about 10 days!!

Do you mean objectives or eye piece covers?

Absolutely no problems with my objective covers so far ( 9 months). Dont use the eye piece covers.

I spend all day looking throught a Leica microscope and the customer support for this (getting spares) is awfull, terrible co to deal with, pity as kit is god.
    D

Its the objective lens covers. Mine have lasted a couple of years but one must have come off the other week.