Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox cubs near hunt kennels.

Fox cubs near hunt kennels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33098202

I'm just really not sure what's going on here. As the article says, 16 or so fox cubs (no adults) were found being kept in a barn a stone's throw from some hunt kennels.

The anti's have said that the foxes are there to ensure there's enough around to hunt. Can the hunt staff be that stupid?? Why would someone keep that many fox cubs in one place though? Is it a setup by LACS? Would THEY be that devious or stupid?

Anybody got any clues or ideas about what is really going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    The anti's have said
    'the Antis' are stupid and irresponsible enough to be planting fox cubs there themselves and blaming the hunt. It's not the first time these moronic mouth-breathing cretins have been caught out doing stuff like that
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

No names or pack drill but many years ago a hunt asked if I could supply them with cage trap caught foxes and they would pay 25 each, I declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    'the Antis' are stupid and irresponsible enough to be planting fox cubs there themselves and blaming the hunt. It's not the first time these moronic mouth-breathing cretins have been caught out doing stuff like that
    Agreed, stinks of a set up

It all smells a bit funny, not least, why were LACS poking about in the middle of a private estate, looking inside barns in the first place??? I don't know many estates round here that would stand for that!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

i saw the report on the telly last night and have to agree the hunts are not that daft the buildings are/were rented under another name to the hunt propertys so could have been planted.

"IF" the hunt did such a thing then the cubs would "i assume" be far away i can only guess if this is what they do

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    It all smells a bit funny, not least, why were LACS poking about in the middle of a private estate, looking inside barns in the first place??? I don't know many estates round here that would stand for that!
    Absolutely - the timing of this is suss, with the Conservatives now in... Not that the act will ever get repealed anyway.
    These are just the tricks these nutters play. I like the fact on the BBC report as well they showed what can only be the only "violence" at any of the Countryside Alliance marches in London. The flaming BBC are in bed with the animal rights nut jobs anyway!

While I have no insight into this particular case, would I find it surprising if this went on in general? Not really.

its common practice on land where the hunt visit for foxes not to be shot (at least that's my experience), so as to provide sport when they hunt. I'm not at all bothered by this as I'd rather be after deer anyway but It kind of takes away from the argument for hunting being to control fox numbers......
    not that the hunt would intentionally be after foxes anyway but accidents happen, lol

Dont know why the cubs were there and wouldnt wish to speculate.

I would offer the view that if the hunts primary aim was fox control they might have greater success in this direction leaving the horses and orange jackets at home and heading out of an evening with a lamp and a c/f. Between a dozen or more blokes they would possibly have a greater impact on fox numbers.

Just sayin.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

What were the anti's doing on private property anyway, what right do they have to go looking in private buildings? If they're not brought to book for this does it mean they have the right to wander down my drive and open the garage up for a quick peek ?