Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many ?

How many ?

It's pissing down with rain so I decided to tidy the shed out . I have counted 3pair of boots ,7coats ,3 waistcoats and 3pair of over trousers . All of the clothes are in good working order .
    My girlfriend asked me why so many ? Is there anyone else out there who has a similar problem ?

Chill

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post
    It's pissing down with rain so I decided to tidy the shed out . I have counted 3pair of boots ,7coats ,3 waistcoats and 3pair of over trousers . All of the clothes are in good working order .
    My girlfriend asked me why so many ? Is there anyone else out there who has a similar problem ?

Chill
    What, with girlfriends asking daft questions? Next she'll be asking you why you need so many rifles . From there it's a slippery slope to marriage and having to provide a full inventory and "good reason"

Jackets - I've lost count, probably around 20 if I include stalking, game shooting and fishing, but then you can never have too many jackets!
    Boots - 7 or 8 pairs, plus a couple of pairs of wellies
    Overtrousers - only a couple of pairs, but perhaps double that if I include beating leggings
    Waistcoats - maybe half a dozen?
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 13-06-2015 at 09:03.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Go and count the jackets in her wardrobe?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

SD Regular
    I managed to count nine, ten, eleven pairs of shoes. And two pairs of boots. Then when I'd finished counting my wife's I started counting mine. Two pairs!

No girlfriend so no problems
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post

Chill
    I know the feeling well mate. Whenever I get that from the wife all I do is to take her gently by the hand, lead her into the bedroom, sit her down on the bed and then

Open her wardrobe door and calmly say "Pardon"?

Haha. Let's face it, if there's a few shillings spare, there's nothing better than splashing out on a new bit of clobber for your sport. You may well have all you need already, but they will wear out and that latest sale (isn't there always one on the go) at John Norris's has that just irresistible item.

But you do get to the stage where to wear out all your clothes and footwear, you'll have to live to around 200! And that's if you stop buying. Otherwise you'll have to live forever. Hmm....perhaps retail therapy is the reason why women live longer!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Haha. Let's face it, if there's a few shillings spare, there's nothing better than splashing out on a new bit of clobber for your sport. You may well have all you need already, but they will wear out and that latest sale (isn't there always one on the go) at John Norris's has that just irresistible item.

But you do get to the stage where to wear out all your clothes and footwear, you'll have to live to around 200! And that's if you stop buying. Otherwise you'll have to live forever. Hmm....perhaps retail therapy is the reason why women live longer!

If if only John Norris did sofas.......

Stan