Thread: NGO Dogs for Deer Day

NGO Dogs for Deer Day

II went on this course yesterday, run by the NGO in conjunction with UKDTR. I've had gun dogs for years, but have only just started to train a pup for deer work. Thoroughly recommend this day; a good mix of theory and practical. To see a Labrador follow a 9 hour old trail trough a deer park full of fallow really showed what can be achieved.
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 14-06-2015 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    II went on this course yesterday, run by the NGO in conjunction with UKDTR. I've had gun dogs for years, but have only just started to train a pup for deer work. Thoroughly recommend this day; a good mix of theory and practical. To see a Labrador follow a 9 hour old trail trough a deer park full of fallow really showed what can be achieved.
    thanks Rupert,

it it was good to meet up and thanks for your words of support, I did wonder about how Brit would get on with that track in the park and my heart did sink a bit when I saw all those Fallow stood on the track as we all approached,
    please keep me informed on your pups progress and don't hesitate to phone if you need more help.

i would also just like to inform all that see this that allow the NGO did change for this course, the three UKDTR members gave there time for free and claimed nothing for traveling to the venue, allow it only took me 40 minutes to get there one other member had a two hour drive.
    we did ask the NGO to make a donation to our funds, which we use to train new members.

Tony

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Hi gents

I also attended yesterday and would recommend the day, really enthusiastic team with lots of knowledge.

Tony, and team thank you for the day

adam

Hey Rupert
    finaly good to meet up... And thank you for the support
    It was a great day alround and really interesting laying demo and training tracks in the deer park... Also for me the best part is some others on the course who did not bring a dog asked for further help and advice
    digs (Adam) came over today with his young pointer for her first track
    i think she did good...

yep awesome weekend

Super day, I really enjoyed it and learned lots about training my puppy too. Aside from the good tuition, well put together presentations, and detailed and comprehensive answers to questions, it was reassuring to be taught new skills by experienced and pleasant people.
    I also particularly enjoyed the complimentary venison stew for lunch, not part of the course, but kindly offered to me none the less.
    Mid there was another follow up course I would attend it in a flash.

keep up the good work Tony and Jamie and I will stay in touch.

a great value for money day .

kind regards, Olaf

Thanks Olaf,

i am looking forward to seeing how your pup develops and please phone me should you need.

Here a few more pics from the day,
    with all these fallow stood on my demo track I did wonder how it was going to go....

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service