Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any MTC Mamba users out there?

Any MTC Mamba users out there?

how do you rate them?
    what kind of ranges are you getting for the graduated reticule marks and on what calibres?

I gather they designed the reticule for rimfire

I have one on my S&W M&P 15-22 - 1.5-6 x 42 RAQ ret is perfect for this little .22lr, glass is good and I zero @ 60yds - graduations good up to 100yds - any further I don't know as I don't shoot past that. Good solid scope with decent (supplied) lens caps and ok mounts too - can't go wrong for the money

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	57998 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	57999
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Found them real marmite scopes, very good with NV add ons though.

Same as marmite is saying...great for use with nv add on ,but for daytime I personally don't rate them.saying that
    many people do rate them for daytime use

I've had a Mamba 4-16x50 with SCB reticle for 13 months on my .22LR and can thoroughly recommend it for both daytime use and with nv. The glass seems very good for the price when compared with others in the same price range. The reticle can seem a bit cluttered at first, but I soon got used to it and now really like it.

I zero with HP subs at 55yds and have successfully used the mildots up to 121yds (lasered headshot on a wood pigeon). Here's the mildot reminder I use to give you some idea of the trajectory/mildots (I find it easy to remember, but you could probably make it simpler by choosing a slightly different zero):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mamba x16, Win HP Subs (cropped).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	58013

The low profile turrets are great, as they don't get in the way/caught up on things when hunting in the field. I also use the same rifle/scope combination for sporting rifle target shooting at 25yds, and find using the graduated scale on the turrets reliably re-adjusts the zero when switching between hunting and target work.

The supplied lens caps are nice as they stay attached so they're always there when you need them. My only criticism is that the screw on my front cap had a very sharp edge on it when supplied, which frayed the liner of my rifle slip, but I soon sorted that with some emery cloth once I realised what was going on.

MTC are good scopes, can't fault mine. Much better than other makes in the same price range

I wouldn't personally,had illuminated reticule failure at six months,followed by three months of unfulfilled promises to replace.

seems there have been a few IR fails

luckily the one I just picked up is IR free, no turrets and looks pretty simple (less likely to fail!)

planning on sticking it on the new .222 for a bit more long range stuff if I can work up some corresponding drops on the christmas tree

arrives tomorrow!

I've had two, one of which I still have.

IR failed on the one I no longer have fairly soon after purchase; optics seem ok during daylight, but once the light starts to fail, I find they go a little 'milky'. I much prefer the Hawke scopes that I have on 2 of my air rifles. The MTC now lives on my BSA ultra and only really ever gets used during daytime.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

I've had two, one of which I still have.

The IR failed quite soon after purchase on the one I no longer own; optics are ok during daylight, but as soon as the light starts to fade, I found that they go rather 'milky'. I much prefer the Hawke scope that sit on top of some of my other air rifles. The current MTC is now atop my BSA Ultra, and only really ever gets used during the day.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.