Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to purchase a CZ 455 .17HMR

Where to purchase a CZ 455 .17HMR

So I have sold my .22LR Ruger 10/22 as I felt it just wasn't reaching what I want to shoot at so I am now on the hunt for a varmint (heavy barrel) CZ 455 chambered in .17HMR.

I was wondering if we have any recommended retailers of this setup on the forum?

Thanks again

Dan

Not expensive new at Helston guns.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Jim View Post
    Not expensive new at Helston guns.
    More expensive than others though, John has undercut them and he's tiny compared!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan, View Post
    So I have sold my .22LR Ruger 10/22 as I felt it just wasn't reaching what I want to shoot at so I am now on the hunt for a varmint (heavy barrel) CZ 455 chambered in .17HMR.

I was wondering if we have any recommended retailers of this setup on the forum?

Thanks again

Dan
    Are you stuck on a CZ 455? The earlier 452's are a better rifle if you come across one. Not to derail you but if you find a 452 don't dismiss it.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Are you stuck on a CZ 455? The earlier 452's are a better rifle if you come across one. Not to derail you but if you find a 452 don't dismiss it.~Muir
    I wasn't stuck on but I felt it was a good option as i have the choice to revert back to LR if needed at a later date without having another rifle etc

I wasn't stuck on but I felt it was a good option as i have the choice to revert back to LR if needed at a later date without having another rifle etc
    Ok. ~Muir

Thanks again

Dan
    There's a nice nearly new setup on the airgunbbs forum at the moment, you'll not be able to see it if your not on there though possibly

AirgunBBS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    There's a nice nearly new setup on the airgunbbs forum at the moment, you'll not be able to see it if your not on there though possibly

AirgunBBS.com
    I can't see it :S

How much is it? is it the Varmint wood stock variant?

I think I'm gonna get a brand new one because then I know exactly how it's been looked after etc plus I probably won't sell this one and once I get it so it worth investing brand new.

Is most of your shooting done prone and off bipod? As with rimfire theres not really a necessity to get a varmint barrel, especially for hunting applications. I only say this as my .22lr was a varmint barrel wooden stock but my shooting tends to be walking around shooting from sticks so Im better served from a lighter rifle and there is quite a noticable weight difference. I cant say I would get varmint barrel again in all honesty. Although they do look better if thats your thing....

Cheers

KS
    Stealthy, like a giraffe on roller-skates....