minox scope users reviews please

jim_allen_uk

[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]Minox za5 5-25 x 56 hd sf illum.

Has any one got any experience with using the above minox scope or similar model. Will be going on a 243 and will be used for deer and also foxing with an archer NV.

thanks in advance

jim
[/FONT]

Minox za5 5-25 x 56 hd sf illum.

Has any one got any experience with using the above minox scope or similar model. Will be going on a 243 and will be used for deer and also foxing with an archer NV.

thanks in advance

iv got the ZE 3-15x56 on my 7-08. Can't fault it at all really clear optic. But I've sent 5 ZA scopes back for replacements. 3 2-10 x50 and 2 3-15x56 for various faults. (ZA made in USA ZE in Germany )
Will say this minox UK is the best service you can get. Top people. Very good to deal with.
As to NV I've not tried my ward d700 on it, but I think the optics will be too good for it.
Do you really need such high mag? All my scopes spend most of the time set at 8x, I've shot deer and foxes at 200 yards plus. Most have been 100 yards or less. Have a look at the ZE line there are some bargains about

I've used both ZA(3-15) and ZV(4.5-14)? and IMO,they were both ok for the price,neither particularly good value,especially considering the number of very high quality 2nd hand optics for sale,that will serve you for years and still hold their price. Give your rifle what it deserves,true top end Euro optics.
I had a few issues with the ZA5:
.Mediocre glass quality
.Narrow field of view
.All who were there agreed,that to obtain the same image size as a fixed 6x scope it had to be set to around 8-9x.
Now,that may possibly have been a well known illusion caused by comparing it to a quality fixed mag scope,but it didn't seem like it.
Take a look around at the for sales on a few forums or Macleods of Tain

I have a ZA5 HD (2-10x40) on order so will post when I've a chance to use it and to compare with my Swaro Z3.

Hi Jim,

I have just had my ZA5 4-20 x 50 SF replaced by Minox under warranty and swapped for a ZE5i 3-15 x 56 SF which I'm very impressed with, the optics are very bright and clear but would I go out and spend a grand on one!! No I wouldn't I think there are better scopes out there which will hold there value better but if you can get a deal on one you would not be disappointed I have also got a pair of there BL 8x44HD binoculars which again are very bright and clear for the money.

cheers Neil.

Back