Brickies

Down here you can get the same don by an Eastern European for the same price as a half decent medium sized sausage

Up here in the north it is around the £450-600 a thou depending on the site conditions, access ,tele handler,etc.

Same here in the north west, most of the lads we use if access and loading up is done for them will charge £400 per thousand, that's just for straight walls though ,lintels and cavity trays are a wee bit extra as an "extra"

atb

kjf

When i was having my single story extension built 6 years ago the usual guy I used told me it would take 10 days for 2 brickies and a labourer. Then one of the guys I work with said his mate was looking for a job and he was a bricklayer he turned up asked for a pen and a sheet of paper, did a quote gave me a list of everthing he needed. and a price £800 cheaper than the other guy.
He started the following day and did it all by himself including mixing and loading and 7 days later I was the proud owner of all the brickwork shell of a 8 mtr x 4 mtr single story extension.
All I did was make sure everthing he needed was there for him when he needed it, the cost £1100.
The only other thing I did not do was the plastering everthing else I did myself.
The total cost of the extension less than £10000.

Last edited:
Back