Best Picatinny Rail Scope rings?

Monkey Spanker

I'm after a decent set of 30mm scope rings to mount a Swaro scope on a Picatinny rail. The height from the top of the rail to the bottom of the 30mm tube needs to be 15-16mm. Preferrably black, lightweight and tube friendly! What's the best out there? Anybody got any spare?
MS

Picatinny bases are available for optilocks, I'd prob go for those if my budget would stand it. Otherwise warne?

Hmm, they might be a bit long.
I've found some 14mm Recknagel which look nice! (Ebay). They may fit at a push but I may struggle with a cover on the objective.
Anybody used them or got any?
MS

They are tikka tactical ones so phosphate/parkerised type finish.
is it for a scout?
a mate had a right pain mounting his scope on one.

Hmm, they might be a bit long.
I've found some 14mm Recknagel which look nice! (Ebay). They may fit at a push but I may struggle with a cover on the objective.
Anybody used them or got any?
MS

G'morning MS,

You might find they're a bit cheaper going to Alan Rhone's direct and it puts you in touch with the excellent ladies in his customer services dept. They're really helpful with exchanges/refunds if needs be.

I use the 9.5 polyform lever qr's on a couple of Zeiss... a 6-24*56 and a 3-12*56HT, and a Sightron S-Tac and never had a problem with repeatabilty.

But I think I'm about to order a pair of the 14's to mount a Photon XT 6.5.... Will have to go higher as the electronics sit over the rail as opposed to the dayscopes objectives which sit in front.

The first pair they sent up for the S-Tac wouldn't quite sit over the tube so they happily replaced them.

Atb

Fizz
:cool:

Recknagel are very well made and have served me well in about 6 years.
The triangle nut with special tool annoyed me first until I noticed an ordinary spanner can also open and close them.
edi

Back