Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not nice

Not nice

I am having to post this thread to try and release the anger I am feeling today
    A very close friend of mine past away 2 weeks ago a keen shooting man and someone I looked up to
    After his death the police advised his son to sell his shotguns and rifle and gave him the names ofa couple of shops nearby , he contacted one at Barnard castle and explained his dad had past away and he had to sell his guns there was a lovely 243 mannlicher Classic half stock .that had only fired no more than 150 bullets complete with 8x56 Schmidt and bender a beretta shotgun and another shotgun and the guy in the shop said they were only worth 500 unfortunately the son didn't have any idea of values and accepted the offer, I know the shop has to make a profit but to take advantage of a grieving family is beyond me
    Last edited by Tam16; 17-06-2015 at 16:55.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, the gun shop are completely out of order and if they have any conscience make a sizeable donation either back to the family or to a charity.Atb Chris

Absolutely disgusting and probably from a shop that he would of used when he was alive , there are some sharks out there!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Name and shame
    Yes, definitely a case for name and shame.

Is it possible that the shop has a regular tea drinking visiting expert copper that & I think I will stop there.

Still finding this very difficult to take in, I would love to hear the shop owners reasons for this ridiculous price , I know these guns where in mint condition and you can bet your bottom dollar that the robbing baxxxxd doesn't pass on the bargain price when it comes to selling these guns.....

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda16 View Post
    I am having to post this thread to try and release the anger I am feeling today
    A very close friend of mine past away 2 weeks ago a keen shooting man and someone I looked up to
    After his death the police advised his son to sell his shotguns and rifle and gave him the names ofa couple of shops nearby , he contacted one at Barnard castle and explained his dad had past away and he had to sell his guns there was a lovely 243 mannlicher Classic half stock .that had only fired no more than 150 bullets complete with 8x56 Schmidt and bender a beretta shotgun and another shotgun and the guy in the shop said they were only worth 500 unfortunately the son didn't have any idea of values and accepted the offer, I know the shop has to make a profit but to take advantage of a grieving family is beyond me
    Was that 500 for all three including the scope on the rifle?

That is unfair to do that to a grieving family. The problem is that this happens too often as the gun shop owner no they have the familys in a situation where they need to get rid of the guns and most of the familys dont no what they are worth.Sorry for you loss mate.

Kind regards Kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    Was that 500 for all three including the scope on the rifle?
    it sure was joe 500