long mauser M98 action wanted or Rifle

Calvin

I am looking for a long Mauser M98 action or rifle thars shot out... for another project.

Pleasem me.

I know of a nice BSA majestic...not quite the same but depends what you are after

contact pkl on here, he has both actions and rifles

Try and find yourself a pre WW2 Oberndorf (hope the spelling is correct) they were I understand were the best quality 98 actions and the one the gunmakers went for.
Out of interest, what are you building?

How quickly do you need it? I have a Persian m98 (Czech vz24) here that's the smoothest thing you have ever felt. Also an fn commercial browning action and a dwm m98. Coming over from the U.S. I have two FN commercial actions a Czech VZ 24, a small ring mauser.

i also have an fn commercial here that in presently using.

all will be used for custom rifles but I could let go of one of them at the right price. Probably ranging from £350 to £750 depending on which action.

was this the project we were
discussing previously ? Ie 9.3x64?

ps, m98's are intermediate length not long of course. Forget all about bsa's and interarms imho, will just cause you grief with components. M98 is the way to go, if you really want to go cheap, buy a PH with a Santa barbara action, they are pretty decent,,,but not as good as the above of course

Last edited:
At the risk of having scorn poured down on me, the CZ is pretty close to a 98 and once good swing safety has been put on and all the surfaces polished it would probably do the job. Used all over Africa because of the reliability and strength.

David.

At the risk of having scorn poured down on me, the CZ is pretty close to a 98 and once good swing safety has been put on and all the surfaces polished it would probably do the job. Used all over Africa because of the reliability and strength.

David.

blasphemy! LOL

DWM 1909 & 1908 are suitable and non war production.

The ones without the "hole" for stripper clip loading are called "Zivilmauser" and were for "civilian markets". They are concidered to be the best. And also quite expensive.

BRNO ZG 47 is also a good choice from what i heard.

Hi Calvin, what is your project?? I have a .260 Remington on an Argentine 1909 action, fitted with Apel swing off mounts. I could possibly let you have the action or complete rifle. Also I have a partially completed project - Argentine 1909 receiver, fitted with H&H scope bases, extended tang with strap over comb ( ready for fitting shotgun style safety ). I'm an RFD ( ex Westley Richards Gunmaker ), I may have a few other bits and pieces that may be of use to you??? I'm based in Bromsgrove - not too far away??!!! Regards, Jim.

Back