Aldi Maginon Trail Cam

ion

I see that Aldi in Ireland will be offering their trail cam from Sunday 21st June for eu 89.99. (Thats £64.50 ). I can't do better than that on Amazon when currency conversion is taken into account. Admittedly it's not 'no glow'.
I am using last years model which I was sent as a replacement for a 2013 (eu 99.99) model that gave trouble this spring. I am very happy with its performance as you can see from the attached pic of a fat low ground Sika stag.
As Aldi UK tends to be a couple of weeks ahead of us, have any SD members already tried this years camera model?

Thanks

Ion

This looks to be the same model as they sold last year... and the two I bought were rubbish. :(

I wasn't alone in my disappointment. Search the site for the relevant threads and you'll see what the problems were.

1 second is a long time for triggering, but anything a lot shorter might result in hundreds of unwanted pictures. I set my Bushnells facing the trails at an angle and quite often only get the tail-end of a vehicle that has passed at c5mph. I get the number plate as they leave though. Anyone walking, is captured OK. Videos in each case.

I have three of them

all worked very well
one recently flooded as I had bent the seal over inadvertently when closing
all covered by 3 year warranty and it is going back

other two are in almost permanent use

agree on the trigger times
I sometimes get 3 photos and a video of not so much!
but for £70 they are a bargain

I have three of them

all worked very well
one recently flooded as I had bent the seal over inadvertently when closing
all covered by 3 year warranty and it is going back

other two are in almost permanent use

agree on the trigger times
I sometimes get 3 photos and a video of not so much!
but for £70 they are a bargain

And for the cost of all 3, you would only get 1 Bushnel.

No idea of how good these are but my wife has a Maginon digital camera and it's very good admittedly it cost considerably more than these Trail Cams.

just been to Aldi as I got tired of being on hold

They are taking back my flooded one, no questions asked
I had the option of refund or a replacement

I am getting a brand new one on Sunday!

I use them in tandem/triplicate to cover and area which negates any false triggers

Ion,
Lidl here also selling very similar version. Picked one up for 89.99. Brochure says 99.99 but maybe they saw the aldi price. They all come with batteries and 4GB SD card which is a bonus. I have an old Lidl one which has developed gout due to being placed in position and lost for 12 months. In its day it worked very well but as you point out lacked the no glow/black LEDs. The main benefit of these seems to be reducing the chance of the camera being spotted by walkers.
So im off this weekend to set up the new one.

I got a maginon and its been faultless, I broke the mounting plate sent it back and recieved replacement FOC.

Mate has just purchased a little acorn and to all intents and purposes they appear identical.

Regards

D

Lidl here have them for £69.99. Looks like same model and I have 2. For the price i have no problems with it and the quality is just fine. 3 year waranty also so not at all bad.

Had instant response emailing address on guarantee card. In theory I can carry on indefinitely as aldi trail doesn't seem to outlast the 3 year guarantee.
Think there might be a better lens on the lidl bresser cam. One 2013 cam stolen, the other still going strong. Down side is its inbeing tripped by tractor at 100 yards!
The 2014 aldi cam is much easier to handle.
Might forgo a few luxuries and buy one of each.

Bought 1 last year, very short trigger distance, then stopped working, wouldn't have another!!

some pics from mine

friend bought two this morning when I picked up my replacement
Only 3 more left in Aldi Gorgie

Back