Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Estate Couple Mull

Estate Couple Mull

Deleted
    Last edited by Glyn 1; 21-06-2015 at 20:06.

Right up your street Glyn I quite fancied it myself till we got to the boat bit ,motoring around Rutland about the biggest sea I've sailed on lol and of course I'm not Exmilitary do you think the BOYS BRIGADE might count
    norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Right up your street Glyn I quite fancied it myself till we got to the boat bit ,motoring around Rutland about the biggest sea I've sailed on lol and of course I'm not Exmilitary do you think the BOYS BRIGADE might count
    norma
    No mate, not one for me. I just saw it and thought somebody might be interested.

Only ex military? Is that not the same as saying only whites? Smacks of an almost racist mentality to me.
    If a person has all the skills listed it should not matter from where they got it.
    An employer can think what they like at the end of the day but to put it down like that on paper???!!!!!mmmmmm.
    Martin

They prolly want some one used to being directed.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    Only ex military? Is that not the same as saying only whites? Smacks of an almost racist mentality to me.
    If a person has all the skills listed it should not matter from where they got it.
    An employer can think what they like at the end of the day but to put it down like that on paper???!!!!!mmmmmm.
    Martin
    It's their loss - they're narrowing the field down to their detriment.

Martin

Yes, its discriminatory in a way but at least they are being honest about what they want. It would be a lot easier for applicants if more employers were as open as this and said 'only last years work experience lad need apply' or only the 'estate foremans puppet need apply', it would save the rest of us a lot of hassle and time not to mention interview expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Yes, its discriminatory in a way but at least they are being honest about what they want. It would be a lot easier for applicants if more employers were as open as this and said 'only last years work experience lad need apply' or only the 'estate foremans puppet need apply', it would save the rest of us a lot of hassle and time not to mention interview expenses.
    I know where you're coming from with this comment Glyn as it's happened to me twice with keepering positions, one were happy for me to spend all my weekends and some evenings for over twelve months helping out with all aspects of the estate all the time saying when ........ leaves the jobs yours then employ someone from another estate that the head keeper loaded for !!!
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Last edited by jimmy milnes; 20-06-2015 at 09:09.
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Martin
    Racism didn't enter my head when I read it.

You show me a squaddie with all those qualifications and experience, you need to be a boat op, combat engineer,tree surgeon, farmer, fitter, plant operator mechanic, chef and bricklayer. This bloke needs a troop not a married couple!

Dom
    "Eagles may soar, but, Weasels don't get sucked in to jet engines" Anon