Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: genuine Blaser saddle mount-**NOT**

genuine Blaser saddle mount-**NOT**

Attachment 58223

this item was bought of here & arrived this morning and what a load of crap it was. it weighs about 5x that of a genuine blaser mount is very rough & crude all around for example the top section of 1 ring weighs the same as a full set of blaser rings the seller has been contacted by PM but they are definatly not genuine & the seller has closed the thread so that no further comments can be left if i get chance i will upload some pics later (if i can work out how) i think Admin should look into this & take action as most of us on here are genuine hard working chaps who can ill afford to be ripped off, fortunatly i paid through paypal so i will be trying to claim it back, as its far from as described!

Artur

Genuine Blaser QD Saddle Mount 30mm for R93, R8

Genuine Blaser QD Saddle Mount 30mm for R93, R8 - price 205GBP posted.

External Image - Click to view original size (1024x576px)
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

This is what I recived Attachment 58224
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Ouch!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Is it just the rings or the complete mount?

I think you've only got yourself to blame here.

You're so anxious to buy & sell on here that any natural caution is being overlooked. There are still no prices on the Ad. below yet, but you're clamouring to buy on it.

One wonders how anyone is going to arrange a face-to-face, or via RFD transaction from Norwich to S.Wales, or Scotland.

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/105838-Brass-Bullets

There's another thread bellyaching about rusty dies. To me any seller offering goods should at least check that they're in good nick.....

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/105636-Reloading-manuals-books-and-RCBS-hand-priming-tool

Another trader is advertising for original die boxes for implausible reasons, but has met the predictable response.Long overdue IMO.

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/105788-spare-RCBS-Redding-die-boxes

Nothing on SD comes with any form of guarantee. It's often bought out of idleness, and some of the secondhand prices are higher than new. I've only sold 3 items on here in 5 years (rare brass supplies) to 2 individuals who'd escaped the attention of the vultures, so it was worthwhile intervening.

Admin are not policing this as they should. Once the ads are posted openly on the forum, the sellers then rely on PM so the trade goes underground. I was quite naive about this until a poster put me right, and I wised up.

There'll be the usual parade of people who say that this is an exaggeration ... they've had no bother ... but this doesn't reassure me.

I won't buy on here any more, as all my stuff incl Section V exp is bought at auction. It's cut-throat trade, but at least there's a complaints procedure against shoddy goods you haven't managed to see before buying.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

It's the complete mount that very much appears to be fake, not just the rings. The body of the mount is actually a crude copy of early Blaser mounts, whereas his photo is of a late model mount that appears to be genuine.

Artur has had other threads and other "Blaser" mount sales, so are the other buyers ashamed to admit they have been done, didn't they notice, or were the earlier offering genuine ? Last option may be unlikely.

You are all fairly close geographically over there. Should be possible to sort it out.
    Last edited by secondtry; 20-06-2015 at 12:05.

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    Attachment 58223

this item was bought of here & arrived this morning and what a load of crap it was. it weighs about 5x that of a genuine blaser mount is very rough & crude all around for example the top section of 1 ring weighs the same as a full set of blaser rings the seller has been contacted by PM but they are definatly not genuine & the seller has closed the thread so that no further comments can be left if i get chance i will upload some pics later (if i can work out how) i think Admin should look into this & take action as most of us on here are genuine hard working chaps who can ill afford to be ripped off, fortunatly i paid through paypal so i will be trying to claim it back, as its far from as described!

Artur

Genuine Blaser QD Saddle Mount 30mm for R93, R8

Genuine Blaser QD Saddle Mount 30mm for R93, R8 - price 205GBP posted.

External Image - Click to view original size (1024x576px)
    Thanks for the heads up on this, I may have been tempted. Incidentally Blaser prices seem to be much lower in Europe e.g. places like Frankonia, I don't know if it is possible to source Blaser parts from them?

atb Tim

This isn't the first such problem ive heard of involving the same vendor. Buyers beware.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I have to now comment; I bought a scope, from Artur, "in Ireland", it was suddenly announced it was coming from Poland, when it got to me it was the most shocking condition I ever had. I was told to send it back to Poland at my cost, I refused, he got very very nasty, in the end, what a surprise when I sent the scope directly back to Artur, in Bedfordshire!

This is what I bought,

Sold: Docter Classic 2,5-10x48 illuminated

He sent me an email saying glass was PERFECT body was immaculate, it was as new. HA!

This is what I received, it was a mess, scratched to hell on the glass! The scratches are hard to photograph, but you can see in this photo just how shocking they were. The body was beaten up with ring crimps and damaged caps. He said in his correspondence he was done on the SD we were all idiots, and I have bitten my tongue on this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141227_114626.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	438.9 KB 
ID:	58245Attachment 58246
    I reported this to ADMIN and to date have not had a single reply, my main concern was he is trading from nowhere near where he says he is, which is dishonest, and I think the point is he doesn't actually see a single thing he sells it comes from Poland. I eventually got a full refund for postage too. I can only imagine this business model is based on the fact that not many members on here live in ireland, so we are far enough away no one asks to pop in to see a scope, if it was announced that Artur was selling from Poland perhaps SD members would shy away more, possibly warranties and returns become more difficult.........
    Last edited by stalker.308; 20-06-2015 at 15:44.