Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First solo stalk

First solo stalk

Hi everyone, what a great site. I won 2 days roe stalking on Isle of Bute in a shooting times young shot draw which i always remembered. 18 years on last week I got my first Roe near Falkirk after a two hour walk with no sightings...then a dash from forest edge into rushes, had opportunity to wait, calm nerves and watch in scope before taking the shot. Look forward to learning more from here and doing DSC 1. Range was 160 yds, Sako .222, 55gr Gamehead, 8x56 Schmidt & Bender...must get different rifle sling!

Brett

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150608_072422.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	763.3 KB 
ID:	58247

Quote Originally Posted by portobstalker View Post
    Hi everyone, what a great site. I won 2 days roe stalking on Isle of Bute in a shooting times young shot draw which i always remembered. 18 years on last week I got my first Roe near Falkirk after a two hour walk with no sightings...then a dash from forest edge into rushes, had opportunity to wait, calm nerves and watch in scope before taking the shot. Look forward to learning more from here and doing DSC 1. Range was 160 yds, Sako .222, 55gr Gamehead, 8x56 Schmidt & Bender...must get different rifle sling!

Brett

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150608_072422.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	763.3 KB 
ID:	58247
    30 people read what you wrote, they said nothing. So to amend that a hello from Essex.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Good shooting, congratulations Brett and a warm welcome to SD
    Tim

wellcome mate well done ,,you can breathe in now!,,,,,atb doug
    DONT START

Nice one Brett, welcome and hope you have many more.

Hi Bret. Well done on your first solo stalk. 18 years is a long time to wait! Hope the next one comes sooner. Hope you enjoy reading some of the stuff on here.

Nice little buck to take carry on that man you can chill now that you have overcome any wobbles you may have had before you pulled the trigger like the uncle mike's slings they can make the rifle bounce off the shoulder when your on a romp .
    Paul

Well done, as they say ... You will always remember your first !

Hiya

The first is usually the most difficult to get down - remembering all the information collected etc. Oftentimes it just all falls into place - well done!
    I am sure we all remember our first time..........

L

Welcome to the site.............. its an adrenaline rush like no other when you grass your first deer, well done.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.