Thread: how long do they think it will take

how long do they think it will take

Today I have received my renewal forms for shotgun and rifle. My license is due to expire in October. Just how long is the back log of applications and do I need to stock pile rounds if it will take three months to get my license back.

Regards Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Today I have received my renewal forms for shotgun and rifle. My license is due to expire in October. Just how long is the back log of applications and do I need to stock pile rounds if it will take three months to get my license back.

Regards Pete
    Pete,

Subtle hint from your Firearms Department was to do it upon receipt.

It's all down to you how long you choose to delay.

Stan

P.S. You do NOT have to send your current certificates back whilst renewal is underway.

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Pete,

Subtle hint from your Firearms Department was to do it upon receipt.

It's all down to you how long you choose to delay.

Stan

P.S. You do NOT have to send your current certificates back whilst renewal is underway.
    I always have mine ready to go when the reminder hits the mat, I know of some who wait for the renewal notice before filling in forms, getting photos and referees then complain that the process is taking too long

Mine posted yesterday, the day after their request received, for renewal mid September.

Receipt received on 26th.
    Last edited by old man; 28-06-2015 at 14:02. Reason: Date of receipt.

Dorset are currently running at 6-7 weeks for variations

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsettaff View Post
    Dorset are currently running at 6-7 weeks for variations

getting better then

standard practice to send reminder 3m in advance of expiry

My renewals have never taken more than 10-14 days in the past so I thought giving them a month before renewal was ample. I had the visit about 10 days before the renewal date, had temporary certificates sent 2 months after the renewal date, with a letter saying they were continuing enquiries and it's now over 4 months since the renewal date, still nothing! I had asked for a variation for a 7mm F-class rifle and the club checks have gone through. Some components will have to be imported, so it's frustrating not being able to place the order for the weapon, to say the least. I have had an open/unrestricted FAC for over 40 years. What's different this time.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    My renewals have never taken more than 10-14 days in the past so I thought giving them a month before renewal was ample. I had the visit about 10 days before the renewal date, had temporary certificates sent 2 months after the renewal date, with a letter saying they were continuing enquiries and it's now over 4 months since the renewal date, still nothing! I had asked for a variation for a 7mm F-class rifle and the club checks have gone through. Some components will have to be imported, so it's frustrating not being able to place the order for the weapon, to say the least. I have had an open/unrestricted FAC for over 40 years. What's different this time.

ring and ask

Took me jsut over 5mths from end of last year to feb this year for a new grant but i did have to keep phoning and chasing ( politly )

we are in the 1st of the 2 yrs where renwals build up due to the change from every 3 yrs to every 5 yrs

They really need to change the licence ending dead on a date especially with todays constant monitoring and regular checks anyway