Thread: Red Stag Weight

Red Stag Weight

I would be ineterested to hear any views on what a red stag should weigh at 18 months of age or there abouts. This would be with head and legs off and pluck out.

In addition should one expect the weight of a park deer to be higher than a wild animal.

up north highland you may have a 18 month beast of only 45kg larder weight but someone said that you can roughly double the big park beasts weight compared to the 'high wilds beasties'.

well howa 243 i would think a park deer would always be higher

I'm guessing you're either very pleased with yourself or wondering what went wrong. I hope it's the former.

60-66 kg North Devon Red spike staggies saleable weight @ 1.80/kg = 110 about.

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberstag View Post
    I'm guessing you're either very pleased with yourself or wondering what went wrong. I hope it's the former.
    Neither actually cyber. Just trying to get a feel for what is the norm. As you know I had two removed recently and they weighed in at 105 and 97 lbs. Although they were in an enclosure and are fed in hard times, they neither have the space to roam nor the varied diet they may have in the wild. Was just hoping that the conditions in which they were kept were good enough to produce an acceptable carcass.

Learning from experience is not always the best way.

Ha Ha, I know that but I'm too stupid to learn the easy way I would say the weights are about average.