Views:	88 
Size:	268.4 KB 
ID:	58257
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0674.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	468.1 KB 
ID:	58258
    Took a cheap flight from Lon/Stanstead to Alicante January this year to hunt in the Murcia region with my good friend Vicens.
    The plan was to hunt a big male Aoudad (Barbary Sheep) in the rut, but I could not get away until the back end of January so it was the back end of the rut
    The weather was ok, a bit nippy and the 30mpm + winds while I was there were a real pain. Vicens told me they had never known it so cold or windy at that time of year, must be something to do with me being over there
    I have been on tougher hunts but I did not find the going easy as I was just getting over that poxy flu virus that had knocked Debs and I flat for quite a while. My guides cheered me up though, they told me I am just getting OLD .
    The big males were not showing much as it was near the end of the rut, and when we did spy one and started the stalk a group of wild dogs chased them off and that was the end of that. The wild dogs are a big problem over there and they get shot as often as possible, I could have but it didn't really float by boat even though they had cost me a possible good trophy.
    I was there for 3 days and second day in I shot this cracking female (possible gold medal) after a good but short stalk and I couldn't have been happier. Shot was 220m using a Blaser 300win mag and 180gr bullet.
    If any of you are interested in hunting Aoudad or Ibex in Spain my friend Vicens can make it happen at about 2,650 all in. This price is for a bronze medal Ibex and I think about the same for Aoudad but would need to find out. Flights are down to you.

Max

Well done David, were you specifically going for the serial killer look in the second picture? I hope the wind didn't change direction.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Well done David, were you specifically going for the serial killer look in the second picture? I hope the wind didn't change direction.....
    I take a lousy picture as you can see. "Serial killer", I could probably murder a box of cornflakes