Another break in

Yoda

Another lot of tools gone in the latest break in by the ? I think we all know who!
Bout £2000 worth
What can we do to stop it?
Some local people are coming to the end of there tether

Feel for you fella! We've been plaiged with it all too! Seems to get worst with the run up to the Dorset Steam Rally... There buggers -we all know who it is round here there just bloody untouchable, and the police don't want to know! There doing a rural crime survey now - if everyone does it and the results are there for all to see something might get done! there's a bloody epidemic of theft, poaching, and general trouble...

We alarmed our yard with motion sensors to a master blaster and my phone and we got two German shepherds
sorry to hear of the bad news it leaves a very very bitter taste especially if the culprits are known
norma

my m8,s haulage yard ended up with an electric fence on the walls and those plastic spike strips to puncture hands and unwanted guests.he put all the warning signs up so no one could moan in court and the fuel thefts stopped.play them the pain game ,trail cams to photograph them.motion sensor lights ,big barking dogs ,smart water everything and put signs up so they know its done.it costs but its your stuff not their,s.tire traps ,6 inch nails through planks under the gravel.make it not worth their while to try ,and if all else fails fit the smoke bomb alarm.when it goes off everything gets covered in purple dye smoke so even the bill cant say it wasnt them

And if you catch them and call plod chances are its you who end up in court charged with assault,its about time the law was changed to allow you to defend yourself and property from the scum, preferably Texas style

Another lot of tools gone in the latest break in by the ? I think we all know who!
Bout £2000 worth

Are you anywhere near Tintinhull by any chance? Last couple of weeks Taunton Crown Court proceedings might be interesting.

Bout £2000 worth

Sorry, I know what its like. We were hit about 12 years ago, its always about the same time of year, every year, most of the our farmers near us have been hit. The law goes through the motions but thats it. You have to defend yur own area, takes a lot of effort and not a 100% guarantee.. some of the more radical preventative measures seem to work, with warnings that is... Only thing you can do is make it as hard a target as you can and get film/proof etc.

Are you anywhere near Tintinhull by any chance? Last couple of weeks Taunton Crown Court proceedings might be interesting.

About 5 miles away, which is in there escape area. I will have a look thanks.

Thanks all for the advice. I will start rigging up defences straight away. My insurance has gone through the roof as it's the third claim in 12 months. Almost decided to stop paying it, I'm glad I didn't,

Be careful when you restock with equipment... The one thing the police said that did happen was - watch they'll be back once you restock and guess what! A short while after the insurance paid out, and we got new kit they hit us again, and again after that! Then to top it off the third time the dealer got all the gear in ready to deliver and they got broken into... The dealership has high security with alarm and bars at the doors / windows etc they just went in through the roof!

They know just how long to leave it until you've replaced the gear! Barstuards...

Thanks all for the advice. I will start rigging up defences straight away.

Large old-type rat traps, with large treble fish-hooks attached to the back-breaker, fixed down in places where they might reach up to. That should collect some DNA evidence, if nothing else.

Be careful when you restock with equipment... The one thing the police said that did happen was - watch they'll be back once you restock and guess what! A short while after the insurance paid out, and we got new kit they hit us again, and again after that! Then to top it off the third time the dealer got all the gear in ready to deliver and they got broken into... The dealership has high security with alarm and bars at the doors / windows etc they just went in through the roof!

They know just how long to leave it until you've replaced the gear! Barstuards...

The police said exactly the same to us.. The one thing to be aware of is that in most instances they case the site/area out before returning, so be aware of any vehicles/people walking past that you are not familiar with.. easier in the country than in a village though..

Well Ive heard it all now.
I was told, it is Avon and Somerset Constabulary's policy, that theft from out buildings does not warrant a police visit.
You are given a crime number over the phone and that is it :evil:

The police said exactly the same to us.. The one thing to be aware of is that in most instances they case the site/area out before returning, so be aware of any vehicles/people walking past that you are not familiar with.. easier in the country than in a village though..

In my village every day between 5 and 6 am a man walks all around the village casing any good opportunity then gets his relatives to do the dirty deeds later.
Everyone knows him the police know him but what happens? nothing

I honestly think the only way to stop it is creating a vigilante group in each village/town.

In my village every day between 5 and 6 am a man walks all around the village casing any good opportunity then gets his relatives to do the dirty deeds later.
Everyone knows him the police know him but what happens? nothing

I honestly think the only way to stop it is creating a vigilante group in each village/town.

You're probably right. The law and subsequent punishments are only a deterrent if the punishments are actually unpleasant. ie for you and me going to prison would be a horrible experience and more than enough to deter us from committing the majority of crimes. On the flip side when you see the living conditions of some people freshly released from prison they're worse than being locked up so getting caught and sent away is just not a deterrent.

Back