The lightest Rifle out there ?

The lightest option would be a single shot, such as the bergara bx13.
However I expect this would be not be ideal for your situation. As a fast second shot might be needed.
I look at the tikka t3 light, or sako 85.

i am looking to buy a new rifle .243 for guest stalkers has to be light weight the lighter the better for the ladies and hard wearing what is the best to go for....

I don't follow your logic. Are you trying to put the ladies off stalking? Regards JCS

JC does make a good point! Lightweight means more recoil. You will need a good moderator which then increases weight once again.

If you can get a NEF Handy rifle, they shoot quite well, are very safe and meet the lightness criterion.

Sauer 202 with synthetic stock - Extreme? was the lightest .243 rifle I ever owned, only traded it in when I decided to go moderated and chose a Blaser as the shortest option for that purpose.

Karl

Not at all i have remington 700 classic to heavy for caring around walking long distance had female guest complaining about the weight of the rifle...

Did she get to pull the trigger? Would be interesting to do a roadtest with a couple of girls (no, don't...). 1 mile walk then 3 shots at 100yds. 1 with Remington, 1 with something lightweight, then switch and see what they think about carried weight vs recoil

Did she get to pull the trigger? Would be interesting to do a roadtest with a couple of girls (no, don't...). 1 mile walk then 3 shots at 100yds. 1 with Remington, 1 with something lightweight, then switch and see what they think about carried weight vs recoil
Strange this as in a lot of years stalking, I have yet to hear a woman complain about the recoil whilst stalking and thats using various from 222 up to 9mm.

Recoil a problem for ANYONE with any 243 ?? A mod needed for ballast ??

You blokes crack me up:rolleyes:

The only issue with light rifles (its been mentioned earlier), is that they do require a little more concentration on technique and ideally a lighter trigger pull. This is not difficult, and for me only becomes apparent when weight of rifle and scope gets below around 7lbs. Even at 6lbs scoped, it's not a problem for me, but may be for one not familiar with the rifle, such as a visiting stalker.

Back